PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Merc engine Cowls

W. Tripp
04-21-2001, 09:01 AM
I have just received a cowling the was built by Ron Pratt (Alaska Streaming) and feel many of the readers of this board might be interested in one as well.

The cowl is the older style with the 3 rectangular indents in the front of each side (as compared to the newer style with 2 rectangular buldges) It is 'glass and carbon lay up with a gel coat that is then painted. The quality is truely first class. Not like MANY other aftermarket cowls. Compared to the weight of my lightweight plastic Merc Drag cowl, the weights SEEM very close, with the Pratt built part being much stronger.

If anyone is in the market for a new Merc cowl, I suggest you talk with Ron. If you find yourself at the MT. Pleasant, TX race, I will have it on my boat there. Come by and take a look. Just find the bright RED Triad STV Euro.

04-21-2001, 11:00 AM
WT, how much was the shipping from way up there near Russia?

W. Tripp
04-21-2001, 12:40 PM
From Sitka, AK to Birmingham, AL the US Postal Service charged US $35.55 and delivered it in 3 days.

JTS Racing
04-21-2001, 09:36 PM
US Postal,,,like the mail dudes??? We have trouble getting mail across town in three days.:)

Ya gonna be in Mt Pleasant?? I'll be there sometime Friday afternoon. Can only stay for Sat.

W. Tripp
04-21-2001, 09:45 PM
I will be in Mt. Pleasant Friday evening. I do not run until Sunday afternoon, and I am sure I am in for a good "schooling".

Let the games begin!!! :)

XBuddawg
04-21-2001, 09:53 PM
What Class ya runnin' W. Tripp?

See ya da weekend!
Buddy

W. Tripp
04-21-2001, 10:02 PM
I will be running Lakeracer at 1900 pounds. Look for the RED Euro and say Hi.

AlaskaStreamin
04-22-2001, 02:48 AM
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the kind words!! :o) I'm glad the cowl was up to your expectations. At least you can repair this one if it gets "dinged". ;). Good luck at the races!!

Sincerely, Ron Pratt

p.s. Way up by Russia JW??? ;) We're just above Seattle. Hee Hee

04-22-2001, 06:21 PM
$35 is CHEAP to ship those! I was guessing over a hundred bucks. And Ron, I know YOU'RE not near Russia, but your upstate neighbors sure are!