PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Russell blows over at drags

stoker2001
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Glad to hear he is OK!!!
by the looks of the boat,it is amazing he didnt get hurt and was walking around soon after,pics here
http://dragboatracing.com/KellyRussel.aspx

Way2slow on H2O
08-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I think Kelly got too hot and wanted some air, lol...

He's a tuff one, and was back at the race site within an hour or so watchin the races!!!:thumbsup::cheers:

http://dragboatracing.com/Portals/0/LiveContent/593/Images/MF-Kelly-Russel2008-000011.jpghttp://dragboatracing.com/Portals/0/LiveContent/593/Images/MF-Kelly-Russel2008-000012.jpg

Ronnie

ggoslow889
08-10-2008, 12:18 PM
just talked to my old crew guy , saw kelly just befor leaving said had black eye and was feeling it today. i feel for him . good health good luck ! latter greg.

Scott in MN
08-10-2008, 12:56 PM
That's got to be a bad feeling upside down getting a bird's eye view of the water. I think he got lucky the boat landed right side up, even though it still came apart. Good to hear that a black eye and soreness is the worst of the injuries....

benski
08-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Thank goodness for modern racing technology safety, and good fortune as well... glad to hear is apparently OK.

Fl Boy in ILL
08-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Hard to tell but is he strapped in, it didn't look like it? As long as he is OK that is really all that matters in the BIG picture

Rick

JP Love
08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Thank goodness for modern racing technology safety, and good fortune as well... glad to hear is apparently OK.Yes man.....J-P Love

Trikki1010
08-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Damn, he gets a 9.5 for completing the flip :eek::eek:

AMAZING how the one sponson blew off

He must have been strapped in, the rotational force would have tossed him out that open cockpit or at least against the wheel in some of the pics

Glad to see him up and walking around :cool::thumbsup:

justinn
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Hard to tell but is he strapped in, it didn't look like it? As long as he is OK that is really all that matters in the BIG picture

Rick

yes he was strapped in broke a hole n his helmet visor

bill mason
08-11-2008, 07:17 AM
from what I understand the crash put a hole in his helmut and he was underwater with NO oxygen!! 45 seconds!! Justin said in the oxygen course they told him to not leave the capsule but when he didn't have any air he pulled the seat hestraint and got out. He was upside down and only way he knew which way was up it the helmut had air in it ant started to rise!! Could have been much worse on him but not much worse on his poor boat!! Twisted the engine clear off the clamp. It was held on by steering cables only and they brought the sponson in seperated from the boat!! Bet he is sore as hell today. Feel really bad for ya bud on the boat and nothing but good thoughts for a speedy recorvery. Later on

Fl Boy in ILL
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Glad to hear he was strapped in, I have been strapping in my Quartershot since I bought it last year but have been worried about not having air so I have fixed that and have air in the new boat.

Kelly, get healed up and glad to hear you are doing OK

Rick

ggoslow889
08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
i'm glad he was straped in , that was a hard smack! having blown over un belted, i can say BELT IN , NO EXPENCE IS TO MUCH. DO IT . i dont think kelly would have walked away. glad his family wont have to go thru what mine did. god bless tunnel boat drivers, every body else thinks were idiots.
greg & bonny #889 the armed forces special. (late).

Ripper
08-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I'd like to mention that it's a good thing there was a Dive / Rescue team around for the race... Those guys do a hell of a job!!! And don't get much credit or thanks most of the time either...

Ripper

Member Winona county Dive / Rescue team...

tabararacing
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Anyone have contact info for Kelly? Id like to give him my best wishes on a speedy recovery.