PDA

View Full Version : Who is racing in Fort Worth next month?

slowverado
07-07-2008, 11:06 PM
would like to know some of the guys coming to race, would be willing to help crew or run errands for someone if necessary. I live very close to the lake.

Way2slow on H2O
07-08-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm in.
I don't think there will be very many outboards showing up. :(
Only 4 made it to San Angelo.
I've gotta make a pass to qualify for Smokin in the Cove.:D:D

Ronnie

slowverado
07-08-2008, 09:01 AM
well I'll be there, hopefully more show up that in San Antonio, I know there are a few local guys so hopefully they make it out. You going to be out at the lake testing at all anytime soon?

Way2slow on H2O
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey Matt, I do all my testing on the Brazos river. It's close and I can always find good water. I'm planning on makin a pass in the morning with this new powerhead. I need to work on the nitrous and maybe change to a different soleniod. Start the tweakin now so I can lay down a bada$$ pass at Marine Creek!!!! We go to Bryan/College Station the 19th so maybe I can get my timing down with the speedmaster/start in gear on the rope kinda deal. I tried it in Waco and I was nailing .03 - .13 reactions :)

Ronnie

slowverado
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
awesome!! I've never been over to the river, my buddy wakeboards out there quite a bit, I'll have to head out there one day. I have some nitrous noids here at the house if you need anything specific let me know.

fastskeeter
07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
hope to make ft worth. shucked two rods after lubbock couldn'make san angelo. trying to make byan. hope to se ya'll there. ronnie, sounds like you running on all six now. good luck with giggle gas.

casey

slowverado
08-03-2008, 08:04 PM
race was a good one today, one question for those there, who was driving the blue Allison? he almost wrecked it every time I saw it on the water...

Way2slow on H2O
08-03-2008, 08:28 PM
race was a good one today, one question for those there, who was driving the blue Allison? he almost wrecked it every time I saw it on the water...

She, that was Denise Hodges from Kansas. All 3 Allisons were gettin outta control this weekend.

BTW Matt, I got so chit faced saturday night after I took out the new powerhead I felt like hammered chit all day Sunday. Talk about a BIG disapointment!!!!

Ronnie

slowverado
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
that sucks Ronnie, what caused the motor failure? you looked a little "off" when we showed up, dad liked your setup, it is definatly unique... apparently he knew that cat with the Allison next to y'all. The cat that's truck was hooked to your rig runs a boat shop here in Azle, I've talked to him before, has a couple bad ass boats at his place, 2 LTVs and a 380... tried to talk him into selling the 380 but he wasn't having it.

mirage243
08-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Ronnie, how did it run before it blew?

Way2slow on H2O
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Bill, it ran 102 in 5.2 seconds Thursday lake testing and I forgot to turn the water pump on (got 2 pistons). I cleaned the 2 cylinders, slapped in a different set of pistons (not new, didn't have time to break it in) made 1 pass and blew both head gaskets on the launch, replaced those, backed the nitrous jets down and went up on compression.

Missed 1st round saturday morning due to "No Crew" (the friday night party was obviously pretty good, they slept till noon, lol). When I finally made it to the rope, it didn't fire, don't know if it was the ECU or what, but Jim Brinkley had the same problem all day. Jim Borrowed Marty Logans box and fired no problem. When I finally ran, I knew I was getting water in 5 & 6 so I didnt wanna run the water pump till I was moving (running the speedie I have to start in gear) it fired this time but had no power, hit the 1st stage to get her goin and still ran like a terd. I blasted the 2nd stage and woke the bitch up but blew a head gasket between 4 & 6, lol, (I'm thinking it had water in #6) lifted the nitrous before the 1st set of buoys and I could tell it was so rich it wasn't gonna make a good pass. Unfortunately I forgot to turn the water pump on and I felt a piston let go at half track and it was over for the weekend.

Matt, the water will come up through the rudder when moving and I'm thinking that's what fried the block. The block was so hot by the time the water started entering the thin part of aluminum around the cylinders cooled faster than the steel sleeves creating the gaps.

Ronnie
Lookin for a new hobby, is golf very expensive???

slowverado
08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
GOLF = THERAPY = EXPENSIVE.... I did find a little treasure regarding our nitrous talk the other day, the 2.4L motor I told you about in my shop had a nice little "hidden" nitrous setup, didn't even notice it when I first looked at it. I'm going to talk to Nitro Dave this week about a plate style setup for the horn motors and see what he comes up with.