PDA

View Full Version : Thrown Out !!!

scottybuck11
05-25-2008, 03:43 PM
i was out yesterday enjoying a day on the lake.one of my friends just bought a 21ft bass sport with a 250 xs on it.i took it for a spin "LITERALLY".i looked at the gps it read 78 then i hit a wave wrong not being use to hydraulic steering i over corrected and the boat hooked and the next thing i knew is i was wet.other than being sore a heck i was not hurt.i was a very lucky guy yesterday.ive raced for almost ten years with the kdba and thats the first time ive ever been wetand i hope its the last.im thankful for a good lifejacket and a kill switch.i also believe that if i would have not been in that a craft it would have been alot worse.Darris Allison makes one heck of a safe boat and im thankful that it didnt flip.didnt mean to rattle on but im just glad to be sitting here making this post.:thumbsup:

delawarerick
05-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Glad to hear your allright safety equipment works hope you feel better soon and have as good a weekend as you can. Rick

Hottrucks
05-25-2008, 08:29 PM
:thumbsup: thumbs up ofn the safety gear!!!!!!!!!!

props4u2
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Glad you're ok. Sounds like the engine was probably too high also.

Lee

150aintenuff
05-26-2008, 02:42 AM
well we know one more person who cant drive an allison....

Scott in MN
05-26-2008, 07:05 AM
You didn't by chance lift sharply on the go pedal when you came off that unexpected wave did you? The first weekend I owned my Ally I found the way to get them to turn around the quickest was to get the stern higher than the bow....

bill mason
05-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Glad you are ok. I've been thrown out once myself and something I still remember almost daily!! Don't even go testing without my lifeline anymore. Again glad nonone was hurt. Have fun be SAFE!!

mickeyjr
05-26-2008, 01:07 PM

Nick, you cant say that. If you make a list of all the people slung out of their a-boat (or gotten slung out of the seat) you would be suprised. Some very accomplished drivers have had to swim back to their boat.

scottybuck11
05-26-2008, 02:59 PM
i dont know who nick is but i have three high points titles and several wins to my credit. sounds to me like he has never driven anything faster than a alumicraft duck boat with a twentyfive on the the back.he can kiss my a$$.

mickeyjr
05-26-2008, 03:23 PM
i dont know who nick is but i have three high points titles and several wins to my credit. sounds to me like he has never driven anything faster than a alumicraft duck boat with a twentyfive on the the back.he can kiss my a$$.

Nick(150aintenuff) has the Hydrostream Valero in his signature with the disco windshield.

scottybuck11
05-26-2008, 03:49 PM
dont mean to be disrespectful but when some jerk gets on here just to be a wisea$$ and doesnt know me anymore than i know him it ticks me off a little.ive never heard of him before and really dont care too.

mickeyjr
05-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Nick , you are talking about yourself right! You've driven how many Allisons and how fast?:confused: :confused:

RNM018
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Scotty , i don't know you either , but I'm glad to hear your alright . Don't waste your time with Nick . He hasn't got a clue ! Rich Martin 018:D

fastcat300
06-02-2008, 07:47 PM
that would make run right out and buy an allison.. but anyways glad to hear your okay. and remember allisons and waves dont mix. p.s. welcome to the allison swim team,next tryouts at an allison boat near you..........

props4u2
06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
that would make run right out and buy an allison.. but anyways glad to hear your okay. and remember allisons and waves dont mix. p.s. welcome to the allison swim team,next tryouts at an allison boat near you..........

Well spoken by someone else that doesn't have a clue!!!!!!! :leaving:

Lee

Shaun Torrente
06-03-2008, 06:26 AM
They are really cool fast boats but put me on the list of people that can not drive one... i was good to eighty and then i could not keep it on the pad.... Then Sam Baker jumped in the boat and drove it with one hand up to about 105.... I like my training wheels in tunnel/cat... LOL

Shaun

fastcat300
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
hey lee,the clue is that you dont have a clue when its gonna happen.. some of the best boat drivers on this site have been wet and im sure they have a clue on how to drive one.i guess if you like taking a chance on going swimming, every time you string one out, then have fun.... be safe, and make sure you have jacket on , and swimmies...

props4u2
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
hey lee,the clue is that you dont have a clue when its gonna happen.. some of the best boat drivers on this site have been wet and im sure they have a clue on how to drive one.i guess if you like taking a chance on going swimming, every time you string one out, then have fun.... be safe, and make sure you have jacket on , and swimmies...

AS STATED PREVIOUSLY, NOT A CLUE!!!!!
And I'm also sure you will be the 1st one to say how rough an Allison rides because your friend that knows someone that knows someone else that rode in one one time said so. You really need to talk about things you know from personal experience instead of hear say from others. Any time any of us take any brand of boat for a ride that is capable of high speeds we are taking a chance. The same goes for driving to the grocery store or work in your vehicle.

Lee

northeastcat
06-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Getting thrown out sucks, I've done it and took a friend with me for the swim too. Was'nt in an Allison though. Glad to hear your OK. I am now going from a tunnel cat to a pad V and boy oh boy its a learning cuve and still it aint no Allison, but I wish I could have bought a Grand Sport.

Moonshot180
06-04-2008, 12:13 AM

and you're supposed to be a vendor?? You sure have a way with P.R..:rolleyes:

fastcat300
06-04-2008, 05:39 PM
lee, i have driven a few allisons so i would consider that enough of a clue, i have several freinds that own, and have owned allisons so i would think that is not something that ive learned from reading, but from experience.I bet you that allisons are the most bought and sold boat on this site, i wonder why??

scottybuck11
06-05-2008, 07:55 PM
i love my allison.the only reason i went swimming is because i havent had enough seat time with hydraulic steering.personally i think it sucks i cant feel the boat.i was in a friends new bassport,i have a 2002 theres a big difference in the steering.i dont care what any of drive if your going to string one out your taking a chance on something going bad just so happens it happened to me.like i said we are all taking a very dangerous chance everytime we get in our boats.BUT AINT IT FUN. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLYS.:cheers:

YELLOWSS
06-05-2008, 08:14 PM
hyd steering is a big change.. you almost have to learn how to drive the boat agian... you loose that feel of the torq.. i have done it on my boat... took a little while before i really felt comfortable!!!! anyone that "really" drives an allison on the edge has hooked it!!!!! if not, your are not pushing the envelope, and not really driving it!!!! JMO nothing wrong with training wheel boats from what i here....... but an ally is never going to get boring!!!!!!!

glad your ok man!!!

roy

yellowallison
06-05-2008, 09:23 PM

well IMO.........A FASTCAT is BIG UGLY AZZ TURD that looks like some one took a SAWZAW to a 25" MOTION(which they did)and then stuck a PREGANT FLATS BOAT DECK on it!!!!!!!!! :nonod: :nonod: :nonod:

Same :bs: for yrs gone by....FASTCAT owners talk CHIT about ALLISON's at any given chance!

Oh yea...doesn't 105 in a FATCAT get ya 99 stitches :thumbsup:

yellowallison
06-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I bet you that allisons are the most bought and sold boat on this site, i wonder why??

I guessing FASTCATS are "OUT of BUSINESS" now because noone outside of south FLORIDA circle jerkers wanted one of the BIG BIRD TURD's!!! :iagree:

props4u2
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Don't hold anything back Scott !!! Tell us how you really feel.
:D :D :D

Lee

yellowallison
06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Don't hold anything back Scott !!! Tell us how you really feel.
:D :D :D

Lee

OKIE dokie .....I can do that LEE...........:D :D :D :D :D :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/yellowallison/turd.jpg

:cheers: :D :D :D :D :D :cheers:

Cp
06-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Don't hold anything back Scott !!! Tell us how you really feel. :D :D :D

When has Yeller EVER backed down from a challenge? :p

Gotta admit though... From a photo stash standpoint, YellowA hasem covered.

yellowallison
06-05-2008, 11:31 PM
CP....Cmon admit it:D :D That yu have BURNIN DESIRE to trade yur ALLY for FATCAT an move to south FL :D :D :D

thats what makes me mad cant some people think before they type i guess not ...

BIGBIRD225.......here a few WORDS of wisdom for ya nextime yu see an ALLISON boats post:thumbsup:

Scott in MN
06-06-2008, 12:20 AM
...... but an ally is never going to get boring!!!!!!!
roy

Roy, you got that right. I practice sucking the seat up almost everytime I go out.

fastcat300
06-06-2008, 08:33 PM
the only thing everone knows, is that yellers got the fattest set of gums to match his fat azz. fastcats out of bizness due to someone who doesnt know how to run one. you want to talk about a turd its the one you drive, armstrong WOW, what a boat,bring that peice out with the title if its paid for ,i doubt it, and i will show you 105, its funny how you run your mouth on the comp, but have seen me around and i havent heard a word? also coming REAL SOON, the 09, homemade special.just stop Brent or i, if you really want your feelings hurt. mike.....

BUZZIN' DOZEN
06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent083.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

yellowallison
06-09-2008, 08:50 AM
And who's BROKE trying to give there FATCAT boat away!!

everone broke like me???

Now your bash'n Armstrong boats....:bs:

Originally Posted by fastcat300
thats what makes me mad cant some people think before they type i guess not ...

You might need to SLAPCHIT yourself for typing stupid chit....cuz I don't own a Armstrong but a YOUNG 20 (you know like an Allison -one of the best boats on the market) thatz paid for:thumbsup: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/yellowallison/Vacation013.jpg

Cp
06-10-2008, 10:52 AM
CP....Cmon admit it:D :D That yu have BURNIN DESIRE to trade yur ALLY for FATCAT an move to south FL :D :D :D

Movin' to FL don't sound SO bad, but that FATCAT deal is another story. 'Sides, I heard you were going to trade your ARMSTRONG on it???? :D

yellowallison
06-11-2008, 08:02 AM
HEY CP..............

Since tha MIKEY dude wants ALLISON so bad and yu want a FATCAT..made yall should jus TRADE..:iagree: :D :D

specboatops
06-11-2008, 08:29 AM

And that POS hydrostream your running looks real tuff to navigate:eek: :eek:
As someone else stated thats GREAT P.R. from a vendor.......Pat yourself on the back dickhead:iagree:

To the gentlemen that was thrown from the boat, glad your o.k. to talk about it bro, it takes stones to get on here and admit fault, hope you heal up fast!

hotdaddy27
08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't really care what type of boat you were in...just glad you are o.k.

I don't wear my teather enough, but I will now.

Thanks for sharing and teaching.

Li'l Toy
08-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't see this as an Allison thing--it is a V-bottom thing. OK, I'm old, but when I ran OPC I bet over half the boats had spiderwebs in the gelcoat on the coaming to the right of the driver, where they hooked and threw the driver out in a race. It happens--it's the nature of a fast V getting its "keel" out of line with the direction it is traveling. Heck, I was defending Mercury in a lawsuit over a bass boat that tossed its driver back in the 80's, when the Mercury rep and a local OPC J driver had it out for a test and managed to hook it in front of the other side's video camera.

Glad you're OK, nice to see you starting this thread, too bad it degenerated. And even though I drive with training wheels now, I will be more careful with the kill switch having read this thread.

benski
08-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Glad you're okay..at least it wasn't a fatal learning experience. Lots and lots of people have a ton of experience on the water, and we are learning all the time.

Groucho
08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Interesting thread. I agree about the "V"-bottom thing. Just think the Allison is probably the least forgiving of all of the ones I've driven if you're really hanging it out right and you encounter any waves or chop. And hydraulic steering...yep.... no feel at all. Dual cable or wings w/cables give me at least a sense of where the motor is at. Had hydraulic on of my Mirages and I hated it.

I hooked a Hydrostream Valero back in 89. Really hard! It tossed part of me into the bow and wrapped my legs around the windshield frame. I was bent in half basically. All of the glass was shattered and the motor was knocked sideways off the transom. I didn't have a Lifeline on but I was "attached" to the boat and the crash happened in front of a few spectators who were fishing nearby. They immediately pulled the boat to shore.

Pretty hard lesson in learning how to drive a boat.

ALLISOMAN280
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM
dont leave out them tunnel boats they turn right also!!!!!!!! seen a few thru the sides, cracked sides and broken and bruised from some of the tunnel v's also!!!! and a fastcat lol they aint even fast enough unless you put two motors on them turds!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

fact is they all will turn right or left given some circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!:iagree:

KJO
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Thumb's up on safety gear.

SLOW-1
08-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Glad you are OK and thanks for sharing your experience so us newbies can learn.

I don't think I've read a thread on S&F yet without someone getting mad and calling names.....I love it!

scottybuck11
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
i really didnt mean to cause all the controversy but i do hope all of you wear your lifejacket and keep your kill switch tethered to you.i honestly believe thats the only reason i wasnt hurt bad or killed.ived raced for nine or ten years and thought it would never happen to me but it did and its a real eye opener.anyway BE SAFE AND KEEP THE SLICK SIDE DOWN.

josh7_78
09-07-2008, 11:46 PM
It's definitely good to hear nothing too serious happened to you. I got thrown out of a Eliminator Daytona 25 around 60 mph with the driver and he broke a collar bone and got a concussion and it definitely changes the way you look at things. But good to hear you didn't get hurt.

whipper
09-08-2008, 02:04 AM
Glad your OK man! Ya know its funny how given the chance some persons just find the negative in every thing? I can tell you my Allison is like a amusement ride!! Every time out friends want to go for a rip!Lots of these guys and girls,:D have real nice boats but they all say how sweet mine rides. They cant believe how smooth she is. All Vee bottom boats will hook as will tunnel hulls given the right speed and circumstance. Allisons are some of the fastest vee bottom outboards under 21ft on the planet. So the chance of those circumstances occuring most likely increases. The better the performance the more likley hood of things to happen thats just a fact of high performance boating that we all take or chances with. Thats all it is. We all know this yet someone comes on with a post telling us what happen just for the sake of letting us know hes ok and the saftey gear should be worn and some riticual this? I look at it as a reminder to always keep a look out for other boats wakes and waves that you dont see at 80-90+ that have a tendency to be under you before you know it! im sure we all have had that happen. Its not a Vee thing or a Tunnel thing its just a fact of high performance boating that happens sometimes even to the best of them. Again glad your Ok and always wear your safety gear because this can happen to anyone!

RMR260
12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
yea i stayed swore for two weeks lol..i got throwed by my old xb 2002 with a stock 2.4 at about 87 mph ...threw it in the corner a little to hard it didn't agree with it..
it's funny how that trim button and cold beer don't mix lol

magcat16
01-30-2009, 04:39 AM
A friend of mine was running a stv at about 80 with his girlfriend and the skeg broke.He went right through the side of the boat and she followed him. He said when it was over he was floating in the water with the steering wheel still in his hands. They both were ok just beat up a little. That stuff can hapen to anyone.

Reaction19
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
how fast is that young 20' looks nice. also we're not all *******s down here in south florida....

Fish
03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
glad your OK scotty.:thumbsup: two kind of drivers on here, those that have been wet and those that one day will, and damn sho does not always have to do with experience. Good thing for the safety gear and the good lord looking out fer ya.:thumbsup:

philmyrna_shakesby
03-07-2009, 04:35 AM
You Americans sure get bitchier than some women I know. Give the guy a break, we all started some where and had to learn. He had safety equipment there, not stowed up the bow, he wore it and a safty lanyard on. Good on ya! If you're into performance you'll never know how far you can push it 'till you go too much, then you'll know just how far that is. Ex F1 driver when we only went to 100 cubic inches and cats had only just come out, doge then! Yes I have driven an Alison, so "Up you'res for the "next comment" Have a nice day and safe boating. Kiwi Phil, we can fly!

chrisr
03-07-2009, 05:43 AM
glad to hear your ok!!!! i flipped a 13' bullet at 55 mph back in 1991. the steering cable snapped and i wasnt wearing the kill switch. i was lucky the boat shut off at impact. the boat ended upside down!!

boater777777
04-15-2009, 02:52 PM
:thumbsup:I hooked my '03 testing props luckily I have a trailer ball mounted to my seat .
Glad you are ok .