PDA

View Full Version : Poplar Bluff Race to be held as scheduled!

Sam Baker
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Spoke with Fred Welshans today. He has been told by the Army Corps of Engineers that the water has receded far enough and continues to be lowered steadily and there are no signs of floating debris. The parking lot/pit areas are clear and they've mowed the grass. The race will go on as planned unless they receive a major storm that would dump several inches of rain in a one to two day time frame.

So, we'll see you all in Poplar Bluff on 5/17-18.

Also, the Association is in need of volunteers to assist with setup on Thursday and Friday. Any and all assistance is whole-heartedly welcome. Go to the http://www.sldba.org website and visit the contact page to get Fred Welshans or Rafael's number to let them know you can help.

If you haven't raced at Poplar Bluff, it's a great race site. Nice pit areas, beautiful viewing areas and very protected for racing.

outboards4life
04-28-2008, 09:58 PM
sounds good, hope to see everyone there. Hopefully I don't run into anymore snafus with the boat.

Fl Boy in ILL
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I'll be there but not until saturday morning, daughter graduates that Friday. See ya'll there

Rick

mirage243
05-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Did anyone here how Poplar Bluff fared on the recent rains?

Sam Baker
05-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Fred Welshans went down there to look at the site personally. He said the water is above normal, but lower than it was last year. That was before the rain yesterday or day before. He said they're watching it, but so far, it still looks good. They'll be watching the weather over the weekend and will make a decision by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest in the event they get any more rain.

outboards4life
05-08-2008, 11:32 PM
no chance of making this race if it goes on as scheduled. Best of luck to everyone going, be safe and have fun.

drag120
05-09-2008, 05:58 AM
I won't make it either. Good luck and drive fast!!

mirage243
05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
There's gonna be a pile of good outboards there from what I hear.

afr
05-10-2008, 04:52 PM
hey sam
can you get some photos
i have not see poplar bluff since i was like 8
how far is that from high ridge

mirage243
05-10-2008, 04:54 PM
hey sam
can you get some photos
i have not see poplar bluff since i was like 8
how far is that from high ridge
I'll e-mail you some or post them here after the race next week. My family is going to this one with me and they are usually good for a lot of pics.