PDA

View Full Version : TAKING THE PLUNGE......HST PURCHASE

pinbuoy
04-20-2001, 06:22 AM
Oh ****, what have I got myself into. Well, I guess it's time to go fast. I've decided to buy a super nice '88 HST light layup hull and trailer. This thing will run circles around my 21' Checkmate. I'm gonna run a 2.4/200 on the HST while I figure out how do drive it without killing myself. Then, I guess if I like the boat enough, I'll go lookin' for a 260 motor. If I don't like the boat that much, I'll be sellin' it fairly cheap. I'm lookin' for a prop for this rig(26 or 28), lemme know whatcha got. Thanks to Mike Balz(Balzy)for convincing me to GO FOR IT!

pinbuoy

Balzy
04-20-2001, 08:04 AM
Glad you are taking the plung. You will be putting that Checkmate out to pasture once you drive the HST. Glad I could help. Don't hesitate to call after you get it. You have my #'s.

RocketMan
04-20-2001, 10:29 AM
I've got a like new Mercury Racing 14.5 x 26 4 Blade Cleaver for Sale.

The prop ran great on my STV/260 EFI. I love the prop but I can't spin it on my current boats.

Prop lists for over $1050. Asking $595 + shipping.
Prop is in NJ. If your nearby, just pick it up and save shipping.

Paul

Mark C.
04-20-2001, 01:24 PM
Pinbuoy -

I think you will be very pleased at how easy they are to drive. After all, Balzy can even drive one :p Just remember to keep the bow up and don't stuff it! You'll be wanting more power soon enough. And join the Registry...it's good karma and will bring you good health, happiness, and prosperity :)

- Mark C.

SleeveA
04-20-2001, 06:17 PM
Your going to be very happy with the HST. I love to drive mine, yes you are going to want that 260 on it in a year or two. Mark C is right, now you need to join the Registry.. If ya dont bad things will happen.;)

http://www.hydrostream.org

Later,

Scott Gilmore
04-20-2001, 09:25 PM
Mr. Baldy, just wondering what the hell is a PLUNG ?? If it's a new drink ship me a couple cases !! SG from FLA!!! YA MON

XBuddawg
04-20-2001, 10:31 PM
Ya said SG in FLA???

What ya doin' way down der? Ya bess stop down here on da byu and see da Boyz!!!

Later,
Buddy

Jeff "Yammer"
04-20-2001, 10:48 PM
Hey congrats...

I have been pondering the HST myself.
I still love my V-king though. Let me know how
you like it.
I agree with Mark C. you must join the
registry.
-----and yes the 200 will only keep you
heppy untill you get used to the handling.
More hp {even if it is a Merc} will be the
ticket to Stream-nnnnn heaven.!!!!

Jeff Williamson.

at100plus
04-21-2001, 12:11 AM
I was running a Mazco RE-4 28 on my HST and I still have it. I am asking $350 if you are interested. The HST was extremely easy to drive. Just don't stuff it like I did, I got a little to comfortable with it's rough water capabilities and I busted my beautiful HST to bits.

I always wanted to put a Pro Max 300 on mine when I had it. Hasn't anyone done that? HSTs don't mind the weight, the transom is rock solid. I wonder what kind of top end it would get.

Anyway, good luck with your HST, I would get another one, but I think it's time for me to move up to a Skater 21 for my next boat. I'm tired of turning around when I get to the bay!

Mike Mongiovi
88 Valero YT, 98 Pro Max 225