PDA

View Full Version : Who's Racing At Waco?

mirage243
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
It's one month away, and I can't wait. There is gonna be a big block ass kicking party, who's gonna be there?

fastskeeter
03-29-2008, 01:00 AM
i'll be there in my blazer running the R/R class. can't wait

Fl Boy in ILL
03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
ME!!!!! Try out the T/E set up.

Rick

mirage243
03-29-2008, 01:55 PM
ME!!!!! Try out the T/E set up.

RickI'm as excited about watching that as I am about my own new setup. That should be a hell of a weekend.

Way2slow on H2O
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
My slow ass will be there!!!

We're planning on arriving Thursday afternoon for the beer fest, lmao...

Ronnie

bill mason
03-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Ole fat guy with new "Bass Boat" will be there Thursday afternoon also!!

mirage243
03-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Rick, Joe, Sam and myself will be coming in on thursday as well, we'll see ya'll at the track.

Fl Boy in ILL
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
I think Thurl Howard will be there running M/E in his Ally Drag also.

Rick

Sam Baker
03-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm on the fence. I still have my room, but it will depend on if I have everything done. With winter going so long, it's taken me a while to get the boat out of storage, etc. It'll be a last second decision for me.

fastskeeter
03-30-2008, 09:20 PM
where do most of ya'll "the outboards guys" hang out, this is my first year would like to be around my own kind. will be arriving thursday as well. will be in the blue blazer

casey

mirage243
03-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Fastskeeter, Don't know where we'll be pitting, but it won't be hard to find us, look for an orange and blue capsuled Quartershot, a red and white Quartershot, a white Allison, an orange (real ugly) Mirage, and a purple, yellow and white Mirage, were staying at the Victorian on I-35. Some of us will be late arriving on Thursday night and some early Friday morning. You can call me at 256-610-1737. There are a lot of real knowledgable guy's there and they'll help you all they can. See ya there, Bill

Way2slow on H2O
04-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Last year the outboards were scattered. Bass Boat Bill, Sweet&Sassy, & myself we're as close to the "in" ramp road as possible. (I think they like to show those big blocks their outboards??? Intimidation maybe???) they all know i'm gonna break my sh*t, lmao!!!

Actually, it's a close shot to the old ramp to "warm up" the outboards. Turn left when you come in the main gate. We're all backed up to the fence right past the restrooms. Plus the tank is accross the road for our RC boats.

Ronnie

Fl Boy in ILL
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Ronnie

If all of us O/Bs are pitting together you better save us a bunch or room, LOL.

Lets see, looks like 5 and up to 8 SLDBA O/Bs are coming, who's cooking the brisket, I here Texas has the best brisket in the world??????

Rick

mirage243
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Ronnie

If all of us O/Bs are pitting together you better save us a bunch or room, LOL.

Lets see, looks like 5 and up to 8 SLDBA O/Bs are coming, who's cooking the brisket, I here Texas has the best brisket in the world??????

RickThe best brisket in the world is cooked in Alabama, but I learned it in Texas.

fastskeeter
04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
i plan on staying in the rv at the pits for the weekend. will have something on the grill. who is going to lubbock. looks like i will need someone to dunk me. the other half of my crew may not be able to go.

thanks casey

Way2slow on H2O
04-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Maybe all the outboards from SDBA last year will show up this year too.

We're working frantically on the new boat, but 4 weeks is closing in rapidly. Since it's never been rigged, I still need steering, rudder, tanks, tach, harness, all the aluminum hardware needs to be cut and machined, MOTOR, cut the transum down, rope bar, mods to the trailer, and ALL the safety gear. Did I mention MOTOR? yeah Dwayne, get off your lazy ass and get my sleeves put in, lmao!!!

I'm still waiting on my nitrous stuff that's been ordered since January!!! for my boat.

Ronnie

Fl Boy in ILL
04-03-2008, 01:08 PM
3 weeks and we will be heading to TX, just hoping for a good showing with the new set up. Bringing my NOS expert with me to keep me from blowing my stuff up and well just maybe kicking some ass!!!!!

See ya'll soon

Rick

Sam Baker
04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I don't think the words "Good Showing" "NOS" and "Not Blowing Up" have ever been used in the same post before. Good luck Rick - if I'm not there, I'll be dying to hear how it goes. I'm looking forward to seeing some more 9 second (or faster) outboards.

mirage243
04-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't think the words "Good Showing" "NOS" and "Not Blowing Up" have ever been used in the same post before. Good luck Rick - if I'm not there, I'll be dying to hear how it goes. I'm looking forward to seeing some more 9 second (or faster) outboards.Sam, haven't you ever heard of that special nitrous that they only have in northern Illinios, it won't blow nothin' up.

Sam Baker
04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I gotta get me some of that...I could run my barge in the 10s then!

Way2slow on H2O
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I can't wait to see all the looks from the car motor guys when all the outboards show up. I was told there hasn't been this many outboards at an SDBA race in 12 years...

I just hope we can have the other hydro ready by then. I put a new digital wiring harness on mine today and it took out the new CDI box :(. I'll call Sean in the morning to see if it can be repaired in time.

I had to replace all the old wiring in the blue boat, got all the new fuel pumps wired, relays in, nitrous buttons installed, regulators adjusted, everything new. Hit the start button and wouldn't start. Sprayed fuel through the horn and she fired and died. Plugged the old ECU in and boom, fired right up. That SUCKS!!! I've had nothing but HELL with ECU's!!!

Ronnie

bill mason
04-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Damn Ronnie the problems CONTINUE!!! Been there done that, I know, sure doesn't help you. Once you get it all done and working right you will enjoy the heck out of it. Good luck man-don't give up ( I know you wion't)!! When we talked yesterday I was hopeing that wasn't going to be the problem (like I said been there done that)!! At least you know what the problem is. Still got a little time. Later on ole friend

John Richied
04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Good luck at the drag races!!! Kick some big block arse baby! :D
Here’s a picture of Bill Mason’s new fishin’ machine!

mirage243
04-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Good luck at the drag races!!! Kick some big block arse baby! :D
Here’s a picture of Bill Mason’s new fishin’ machine!
Yea, but the rope deflector give's it away. Hey Bill, You need to camaflouge your intentions better. Great lookin' "fishin machine" though!!!!!!!!!

jim brinkley
04-08-2008, 09:54 AM
SURE GOING TO MISS SEEING ALL YOU GUY'S AT WACO.:mad: I WAS SURE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN.:) SOME OF YOU I WON'T SEE UNTIL SITC THIS YEAR. IT WILL BE THE FIRST RACE SWEET & SASSY HAS MISSED IN THREE YEARS. SHE HAS A NEW DRIVER NOW THAT MIKE SCHEVONIC QUIT DRIVING. THE REASON WE WON'T BE THERE IS THAT I HAD TO HAVE NECK SURGERY THE 2ND OF APRIL. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE A LOT OF RACES. THEY HAD TO OPERATE ON C-3,C-4 AND C-5 DISC. LOT'S OF AGONY.:eek:
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE KICKING INBOARD'S ASSES.:D

JIM

Way2slow on H2O
04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow Jim, I was lookin forward to seein that big grin when you see this lil hydro make a REAL pass!!!

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well, and get well soon!!! We'll definately miss you out there. (who am I gonna consult with with all my thousands of problems???)

Take care and get well,
Ronnie

jim brinkley
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm sure I won't miss all the races this year if I can help it. Doctor said a definite NO for this one. I'm sure that some of my more experienced help and advisers when needed will be with Marty Logan helping him with his Pro-Mod. If I can make it there with doctors OK then I will be there to watch only with Marty's team. If not then I wish everyone a safe race. Be thinking about all of you. Good luck with your new setup, look forward to seeing it.

JIm

mirage243
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Jim, sorry to hear you ain't comin' to Waco. I hope your gonna be at the liquor store thursday, cause were gonna stop by and load up for the weekend. Sorry to hear about your neck, just put your "dollar collar" on and come to Waco.

jim brinkley
04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I would not miss Waco for anything but the Doctor knows best. I can remember when I use to call them Dollar Collar.:) I can aassure you that this one cost's money and will never make any money except get me back in the store early so I can make some money working.:D I should be at the store that Thursday. I'll know more Monday after seering the Doctor. Do stop by if you can and I can tell you the easier way to get to the track. The store open's up a 10 AM and closes at 9 PM. I should be there. Look for a Red Dodge long wheeh base 4 X 4. Be glad to see all of you.

Jim

Fl Boy in ILL
04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Well guys with the weather and the rain they are having in TX is there a chance we may not get to race?? Is anybody close enough to give us a real time report on the river??? I really don't want to have another OKC, its over 1000 miles for me to drive to WACO, but I really want to put the boat on the clock. Please keep us informed.

Rick

mirage243
04-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Well guys with the weather and the rain they are having in TX is there a chance we may not get to race?? Is anybody close enough to give us a real time report on the river??? I really don't want to have another OKC, its over 1000 miles for me to drive to WACO, but I really want to put the boat on the clock. Please keep us informed.

RickYou don't think they have a weather man in Texas that can tell the weather two weeks in advance, do you? LOL

Fl Boy in ILL
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Well I hope somebody lives close enough to keep an eye on the river and give us periodic updates, anybody close????

Weatherman in TX can't be any different than they are here in ILL or AL, LOL

Rick

jim brinkley
04-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Rick, you guys can go in to the web site DragBoatAlley and get in touch with Gary Payne. He lives there and races M/E. A fine fellow and a hard hitter with a inboard.:eek: Won Waco last season opener. If I can help anymore just give me a shout. He is M/E 372 on this board.

Jim

Rocket
04-10-2008, 11:04 AM
SURE GOING TO MISS SEEING ALL YOU GUY'S AT WACO.:mad: I WAS SURE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN.:) SOME OF YOU I WON'T SEE UNTIL SITC THIS YEAR. IT WILL BE THE FIRST RACE SWEET & SASSY HAS MISSED IN THREE YEARS. SHE HAS A NEW DRIVER NOW THAT MIKE SCHEVONIC QUIT DRIVING. THE REASON WE WON'T BE THERE IS THAT I HAD TO HAVE NECK SURGERY THE 2ND OF APRIL. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE A LOT OF RACES. THEY HAD TO OPERATE ON C-3,C-4 AND C-5 DISC. LOT'S OF AGONY.:eek:
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE KICKING INBOARD'S ASSES.:D

JIM

Jim, I'm Sure sorry to hear about your neck surgery! :(

When are they going to operate? What Hospital are you doing it at? :confused:

I bet you will feel alot better when you get it done!:D

I'll say a prayer for you and Marylin! :)

Debbie sends her love too........

Way2slow on H2O
04-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Tell Russ Rogers to get off the "Rain Dance" gig, he wants to have the Brazos River Blowout in May at Plowmans on Lake Whitney. The lake was 12' low 6 weeks ago and now it's almost full.

No rain in the forecast for today, lol... but last night was hell with all the tornados and high winds.

Ronnie

Fl Boy in ILL
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Any updates on the river conditions in Waco. I week away from leaving heading to TX. Hope the conditions are good need to test

justinn
04-16-2008, 06:25 PM
i will be their in my merc powered mirage running r/r hopefully tring to get my first win were are all you outboard guys gonna pit? i want to stay with my own kind

fastskeeter
04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
justin, will be arriving thursday late, will be in a blue blazer bass boat with a 300. would like to hang out with all the O/B's as well. do not know where will wind up.

would lik`e to meet ya since your are so close are you doing any test and tune on marble falls or travis between now and then?

Way2slow on H2O
04-17-2008, 12:31 AM
The wind is kikkin our asses here!!!! Rain in the forecast next week :(

I made a test run today and blew the gears to hell in my "bullet proof" Mod VP lower, lol... the season is starting off GOOD already!!!!

UPS lost my driveshaft!!!! :mad:

My chute Jacket is expired and Kent at Lifeline was afraid he couldnt get it to me in time for Waco. :nonod:

My new copper head gaskets wont hold on #6 cylinder (only pumping 60 psi) :bs:

My nitrous fuel solenoid took a sh*t. (only 5 passes)

A good note: Saun at CDI has promised my ECU will be sent out tomorrow :)
Plus my CPA filed an extension on my taxes so I can afford to make Waco, lmao!!! :D
And the boat did hit 96 in 450' (on 5 cylinders) before destroying the gears. :thumbsup: :cheers:

I may not be ready but I'll be there
Ronnie

bill mason
04-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Man you have a curse on ya!!! As much time as you have spent rowing that thing just enter it with a paddle!! Sorry missed ypir call yesterday fishin with grandson in the wind. Checked 10 day and it looks ok for Waco just a chance of showers Friday but ok for the weekend-of course thats a long way from now. Talk with ya later on sorry to hear about ALL your mechanical problems??

Fl Boy in ILL
04-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Guys thanks for the updates, please keep us long haulers informed, don't want to make a 1000 mile + trip and not get to run.

Rick

fastskeeter
04-17-2008, 09:44 AM
The wind is kikkin our asses here!!!!

no kinddin. tired of the freekin wind. maybe after this front today, this weekend will settle down.

casey

mirage243
04-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Guys thanks for the updates, please keep us long haulers informed, don't want to make a 1000 mile + trip and not get to run.

RickNo doubt about that!!!!

If any of you guy's get there Thursday before us, save a bunch of pit spots. I'm probably gonna be there around 5:00 PM or so. We need at least 7 or 8 spots. If any us SLDBA guys get there first we need to know where the clampons usually pit. If the weather holds out, the outboard section needs to be big. I gotta feelin' them car motors ain't gonna like us too much by the time the weekend is over.

John Richied
04-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I gotta feelin' them car motors ain't gonna like us too much by the time the weekend is over.

That’s what I’m talkin’ about!!! ;) :iagree:
Get some baby! make them want their mommy! :eek: :D :D :D

Fl Boy in ILL
04-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Boys its gettin close, boats clean, trucks clean, batteries charged, bottles full, sure hope the weather cooperates. Ya'll be safe traveling and we'll see ya Thursday.

Rick

mirage243
04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Boys its gettin close, boats clean, trucks clean, batteries charged, bottles full, sure hope the weather cooperates. Ya'll be safe traveling and we'll see ya Thursday.

Rick
Boats dirty, trucks dirty, battery is low, wish I had a bottle, but I'll be there and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way2slow on H2O
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Looks like the weather may cooperate this weekend, finally.

I tested today with the new Rapair (CDI) box and with the 24 yammi it would only turn 7800, lol... what a terd!!! nice crisp throttle response, but over in 500' making the rest of the journey a bouncy one. I'll try leaning on it a bit tomorrow, maybe 70%, lmao!!! Plus, someone put fuel in the methanol tank and with the nitrous bottle only havin 350 psi, she fell on her face when i sprayed it (more like "sprinkled" it with nitrous and flooded it with fuel)

On a GOOD note, the gear case stayed together!!! The prop was still on when we trailered it. (btw Bill Mason, I DROVE it on the trailer today, 1st time in HOW long???) but nothing to brag about with only 90 mph top end #'s, lol...

Ronnie

bill mason
04-22-2008, 06:54 AM
He good to hear that you "drove her on" I was beginning to wonder if you were going to enter the paddling event!! I will try to talk with "Grumpy" (the guy who pits the boats) and see if he will let us block off an area for outboards. We will try to keep an area by the main bathrooms for outboards. No wise cracks!! So when you get there you might try to come over there. It is on the main road and close to tech and about as close to the timing truck as we can get. You all have a safe trip and lookin to hook up with everyone at THE DRAGS!!

mmassm
04-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Surely someones got a laptop ! Hows Rick & Joe doing in the 9's, and Sam in the 10's with the QM ?
Went to SLDBA meeting Wed evening,Corp now told Fred W. that there is no alt date ,we race 5-17 & 18 at Popular Bluff or we don't race.Their dropping the lake 4/10 ft a day but soon to cut that in half.

Rocket
04-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Here's some "Race Blog's" for all of you stuck at home today!!! :thumbsup:

http://dballey.blogspot.com/ (The pairing order is the first Blog at the top of the page)

Marty Logan Crashed but didn't yesterday (Thank god he was OK),,, His pro-mod jumped hard left and then jumped hard right but the boat didn't come apart and he drove it to the trailer!!!! :cheers: I guess we need to call him,,, "Lucky Logan"!!! :D

I'll post more when I know.

PS> Some IDIOT fell off the cliffs again!

fastskeeter
04-27-2008, 09:29 AM
raining right now. races may get cancelled. :( :(

John Richied
04-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Canceled? Man what did Bill Mason/FlyingButcher do this time?
You just can’t take him anywhere. :D

John Richied
04-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Yep it was just canceled due to rain… I just talked to Bill--- nothing Bill did. :D

tx2step
04-27-2008, 10:23 AM
It was good talkin with ya yesterday Fastskeeter!!!http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/tx20toon/boat008.jpg

stoker2001
04-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Sorry to here about the rainout
How did qualifying go on Saturday?
how did the outboards do in T/E and M/E

We made it to the IHBA simi finals yesterday in M/E,then got treed by the champ:rolleyes:

Way2slow on H2O
04-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Some of us SUCKED real bad, lmao!!!!

I hope everyone made it home ok (and got their sh*t dried out)

Bill Mason took a "ride on the Wild side" (post those pics Bill)

Bama Bill tried to "tree" me (we both cut .1 lights :cheers: ) and ran me down like I stole something :thumbsup: (i'll post the pic of my ass being handed to me, lol)

The SLDBA boyz will have to tell their story's, lol....

Ronnie

fastskeeter
04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
It was good talkin with ya yesterday Fastskeeter!!!http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l319/tx20toon/boat008.jpg

enjoyed the visit as well. could talk about this stuff all day. i did ok qualified number two so finished second place after race was cancelled. got lucky. but still not to bad for first race ever.

casey

Way2slow on H2O
04-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Congrats Casey, looked like you were havin fun out there!!!

Ronnie

fastskeeter
04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
it was a lot of fun! if you ever can keep that thing from doing the bunny hop at half track boy howdy. it does look bad to the bone though. i like the speedmaster idea. enjoyed talking to your son. you pooped out to early on friday night but we drank a beer for ya.

casey

p.s. you going to lubbock?

John Richied
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Bill Mason took a "ride on the Wild side" (post those pics Bill)

Ronnie
I also would like to see those pictures of Bill’s Wild Ride!!! :D
Or should I say I wanna see the bottom of his boat. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Send those pictures Butch!

Way2slow on H2O
04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Casey, the "bunny hop" was from the water conditions. The ECU was making the motor run like a terd= 7200 rpm, lol... NO NITROUS!!! but it did run consistant, except when the nose cone fell off. Not bad for a 110 psi motor with a bad ECU... consistant 11:25's (5 total) with a "start in gear" speedmaster. (i was expecting high 12's as bad as it was running) Even had some good reaction times considering this was the 1st time to try the setup.

Lubbock, here we come!!!!

Ronnie

stoker2001
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Casey, the "bunny hop" was from the water conditions. The ECU was making the motor run like a terd= 7200 rpm, lol... NO NITROUS!!! but it did run consistant, except when the nose cone fell off. Not bad for a 110 psi motor with a bad ECU... consistant 11:25's (5 total) with a "start in gear" speedmaster. (i was expecting high 12's as bad as it was running) Even had some good reaction times considering this was the 1st time to try the setup.

Lubbock, here we come!!!!

Ronnie
Did any outboards qualify in the nines?
I thought Joe Peroschi and Ric Conklin were both giving nines a shot for this race?
Just curiuos
Any links to qualifying for Waco?

Fl Boy in ILL
04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Both Joe and I have a T/E license, neither ran down like we wanted and ran 50's, Joe ran outa motor and I am learning this NOS stuff, I learned a lot and will be at Poplar Bluff giving the 9's a good showing next time!!!!!

stoker2001
04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Both Joe and I have a T/E license, neither ran down like we wanted and ran 50's, Joe ran outa motor and I am learning this NOS stuff, I learned a lot and will be at Poplar Bluff giving the 9's a good showing next time!!!!!
Cool
did you guys have decent corrected air density?
the morning runs are always gonna be better
I commend you guys for trying,its gonna be a huge undertaking
You Know,to be competitive you are gonna need to run 8.90s in the good morning air to run 9.0s in the later rounds
good luck and keep me posted

Cobra1racer
05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
How did you do at Firebird?? I missed it, stuff to do. Hope to see a good showing of whackers in the fall. Heck I might hit the track.

Fl Boy in ILL
05-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Kevin

8.90 should not be a problem (I hope, LOL) We will find out May 16 th at poplar Bluff

Congrats on Runner up, good start but I know you wanted the win.

Rick

stoker2001
05-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Our 10 second champ Bob Prigmore finally redeemed himself against us after four straight elimination round loses:cool:
He took us out in the Semi final with an outstanding .01 second reaction time:rolleyes:
I was able to catch him barely as he ran 10.04,but with his better RT i had to run 9.95 on a breakout:o
we will get him at our next race on 5-27