PDA

View Full Version : speed boat gathering near south carolina

Allison88xr
03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I was just curious if there are any gathering in the south soon I would really like to meet some people off the site and check out all the nice rides around.
I would also appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to find the requirements for racing the stock class in the ihba in savannah I looked on the website but I didn't really find any info thanks

mirage243
03-24-2008, 09:52 AM
If you want to run River Racer at Augusta, you will need a rope deflector, full face helmet, life jacket and attachable kill switch. The kill switch must go to ignition and fuel pump. There is a new rule this year that requires all boats to have a battery disconnect switch, also. In the river racer bracket you can run anything between 12 and 16 seconds. You dial in your own time and the guy your racing dials in his, example: you dial 12.50 he dials 13.50 , he gets 1 second head start on you. There will be plenty of outboard guys there to help you. If you want to talk to me about it please feel free to call me at 256-610-1737. I will do everything I can to help. Bill

jphii
03-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Look HERE (http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153930). We can make a spot for ya.

props4u2
03-24-2008, 08:09 PM
ECDBA.net

I know Joe has it on the bottom of his post but it can't hurt to display it again. :)

Lee

Allison88xr
03-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys I hope it will be bracket racing cause my boat is SLOW!!! If not it will still be fun to come up and check out the action.

Mirage 23 does the lifejacket have to be a lifeline?

Jphii thanks for the post I will check my schedule to see if I can attend any of the events if not there is alway's sick day's. Rocks pond would be great thats real close to the house.

mirage243
03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys I hope it will be bracket racing cause my boat is SLOW!!! If not it will still be fun to come up and check out the action.

Mirage 23 does the lifejacket have to be a lifeline?

Jphii thanks for the post I will check my schedule to see if I can attend any of the events if not there is alway's sick day's. Rocks pond would be great thats real close to the house.
Allison 88XR, The jacket does not have to be a lifeline, in river racer you can wear just a 100 mph impact jacket. If you don't have a jacket let me know and I will make sure you have one if you come to Augusta. What kind of power do you have on your Allison?

Scott Tharpe
03-28-2008, 12:06 PM
It's not real soon due to our lake levels but we are having the Clarks Hill "King of the Hill" rally in August. Not far at all from ya. See the original thread for info.

Allison88xr
03-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks Mirage but it will have to be a really really BIG jacket seeing how I'm 340 lbs!!! As far as the power it is a slightly modified xr6 150 not really all that fast but it's a work in progress.
Scott sounds good have boat will travel!!

bill lunsford
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
The river racer class in ECDBA is for the slow boats like mine last year I ran a 89 XR2002 bought from props4u2 with a stock motor and didnt get kicked toooo bad but was alot of fun. If nothing else U can come to Hartsville or Conway one weekend and ride..Thanks Bill..

SAMMY CORLEY
04-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Think I might have a jacket, racin one dat might fit ya, it's too big for me an i'm short'n fat. Sammy in S.C.
sammyfcorley@bellsouth.net
also in da summer we run lake robinson in Hartsville, S.C. 30 miles from Florence