PDA

View Full Version : IHBA Gadsden Race Update

mirage243
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I just came from a meeting with the Mayor of Gadsden and the City Council. It all boils down to this, the mayor is a Jack-Ass and hates racing. In attendance at this meeting were the regional manager for Chili's, the Etowah County tourism board director, the State of Alabama tourism board representative, three local business owners, Terry Gibbs and myself. All the facts and figures were discussed, the State of Alabama tourism board offered a large grant to the city to continue this race, which was turned down, over 52,000 dollars of extra sponsorship money was turned down,(the loss to the city was only 24,000 dollars) and after all was said and done, no consideration was given to continue this race. We are very dissapointed in this decision, but we have not given up. We will no longer pursue this race, but we are pursueing other options for another race site in this state. This probably will not happen this year but we are confident that we will secure a race site for 2009. Thanks for all the e-mails and letters, we will keep you updated on our plans to bring a great race to the south for 2009. Thanks Bill

rjdubiel
02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
thats too bad. hope you find another city soon so you can keep it going.

good luck.

mirage101
02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, hope we get a new site. Gadsden has

been one of my favorite sites, GREAT people.

Thanks Bill hope to see you at Poplar Bluff.

Regards Ron

mirage243
02-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, hope we get a new site. Gadsden has

been one of my favorite sites, GREAT people.

Thanks Bill hope to see you at Poplar Bluff.

Regards Ron
I'll be at Poplar Bluff, can't wait. Are you going to Waco? Looks like Schultz, Baker, Rick, Joe and myself are going. I think Ray is going also. And yes we will be having a race close to here sometime in 09.

mirage101
02-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Waco is a long drive for me, not realy changing much. So

at this time I don't think so, but cabin fever may get the best of me.

Regards Ron