PDA

View Full Version : Help !

Mirage
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Ive been reading and looking into the rc boats now for a short while but still new to it and wanting to learn more. Can anyone help me out on whats the best to buy or whats out there for sale ? Thanks Brad

Mark Poole ModVP
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Depends on what class you want to get into. Can go from a 35 mph tunnel boat to a 100 mph hydro. Can go from spending $500 to $5000. There are many hull classes for monos, tunnels and hydros. We are even running an outboard Mod-VP class here in Georgia and South Carolina. Outboards are simpler to get started with. An inboard powered boat takes more know how to assemble and set up the boat.

Mirage
01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
tell me more about this outboard mod vp class yall running ....

Mark Poole ModVP
01-28-2008, 11:00 PM
The class has come along way in just the last year. My boats were the only ones in the class but now there are several brands. The class is based on the 3.5 cc "B" class engine. K&B and O.S. are good engines for the class. Size range in this class is from 26" to 32" for optimum performance. Any larger boats tend to be too much for a B motor. The hull rules are basically the same as lifeize Mod-VP. Only difference is true V hulls are not allowed. RC outboard V hulls handle like crap so in the best interest of the class only air entrapment style hulls are allowed. Can be pickle fork or point bow. There will be a full field racing at the Charleston Model Boats tunnel race the last weekend of March. The class also races in Atlanta in September and Charleston again in October.

Mark

Stealth Assassin
01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
The class has come along way in just the last year. My boats were the only ones in the class but now there are several brands.

Mark

Who else Is making a mod vp that runs In your class?

Mark Poole ModVP
01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Several well know RC racers are entered in the class. Two of them are former drivers of lifesize Mod-VP boats. One boat is called a VTV the other is called an HTV. I don't want to post their names without them knowing. One of the boats has a mold built for it, the others may just be prototypes at this point. But they are coming. There are 13 entries in the class. Six of them are my boats.

Stealth Assassin
01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Several well know RC racers are entered in the class. Two of them are former drivers of lifesize Mod-VP boats. One boat is called a VTV the other is called an HTV. I don't want to post their names without them knowing. One of the boats has a mold built for it, the others may just be prototypes at this point. But they are coming. There are 13 entries in the class. Six of them are my boats.

I had no Idea... I would like to see these hulls!

Don McGurn
02-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Mirage,
If you have never played with small nitro and gas motors. IMO(and only my opinion) I started with nitro and found Gas to be much easier to run as well as maintain etc. fuel is cheaper as well. go check out some manufacturer websites....Aeromarinerc.com insaneboats.com seaducer,speedfreak. I am pretty sure that they all do gas and nitro hulls and Ready to run boats. check out www.jrcbd.com (http://www.jrcbd.com) go to the galleries, you'll get the idea.
Don