PDA

View Full Version : APBA/SBI P5 class question??

skywalker26v
01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Can a single engine outboard boat run in the P5 class with APBA/SBI?? I've always thought that was kind of a run what you brung class, but dont really know the rules. The boat we have have is a 26ft profile with a merc racing 250xs optimax. The boat used to run as an A class boat back in the 80's. Would APBA/SBI let this boat compete in that class? :confused:

Scottb
01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
yes, that boat is legal 24' is the minumum length

skywalker26v
01-08-2008, 12:49 AM
even with the single outboard? I kind of figured the boat was ok, but wasnt sure about the engine package. You really dont see any single outboard boats run anymore. But hey, that sounds great. If everything goes as planned, we plan to compete in the Panama City/Florida championchips in October.

Wahoo
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
You will be way under powered, but it is still alot of fun and good learning experience. Try offshoreonly.com, they have a SBI section there.

chewy
01-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I would agree, the P5 class is a great place to start out.It can be quite competetive but fun! I recently raced at the Worlds in Key West in that class. My first time, but hopefully not the last, looking forward to doing it again!