PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile asphalt drag racing

KG4
06-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Pretty wild stuff go to www.msdraracing.com i should get my Mach z 800 triple set up for this looks like a blast and they are very fast low 9s at over 150 mph wild stuff.

Boaterbum
06-06-2002, 02:36 AM
I have a few friends that do it, never done it myself yet... Maybe after the near death water/thin ice bit this past season with the Vmax 4, I should try it and stay off the half frozen lakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

pyro
06-06-2002, 06:36 AM
nah, just stay on the throttle, they'll run on top of the water. :D

Boaterbum
06-06-2002, 09:46 AM
Yes, that I know, even with probably one of the heaviest sleds out there (next to touring models!), my Vmax does well on open water, I had just finnished a run of probably 1 mile or so, accross the lake, over less than an inch of ice.. Came back, was trying to get up the shoreline, hit the rocks, and when I turned around, I nailed it without enough momentum, and she started dropping through! Sceered the sh*t out of me for a bit....:D

Snowman
06-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Snowmoboat

G:\chickenonkitty.jpg

Firestarter
06-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Hey JB, was that this year?

Where was I, do you have any narrows pics?

RT

ProComp
06-13-2002, 04:29 PM
Hey Snowman, how fast were you going here? Was there ice underneath the water or wide open? How deep? Personally I think your crazy!

ProComp
02 ZR800efi

Boaterbum
06-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Looks good to me... I have been there, kinda freaky the first time out, but with the way people look at ya, it's worth the rush! hahaha I only went through on my 'leadsled' because I started off on thin ice, nailed it, and dropped the assend down, you know the rest of the story!:mad:
Anyway, thats a cool pic...
As for speed? what, I figure you were probably only at like 55ish? give or take a few?!?!?!
For people that don't do the fun sport of water cross, it doesn't take a crap load of speen, just VERY DRY CLUTCHES AND BELT, and constant momentum............
have seen people go VERY long distances over open water, but eventually, something will splash where it shouldn't, and well, bloop bloop bloop! hehehe
Hey,snowman, your a cat fan I see; you ever see that video, 2stroke cold smoke 3??? They have a sled, a Cat, up in Alaska, going like a mile or so out into the harbor, pretty wild seeing a waverunner and a boat chasing him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Catch ya later,
~Tony~

Snowman
06-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Doin' approx 65 - 70 mph. Below I'm doin' 0!

G:\icecube.jpg

Snowman
06-14-2002, 08:01 AM
Um, not so good!

G:\KarateKid.jpg

pyro
06-14-2002, 08:03 AM
At houghton lake during "tip up town", there's usually a patch of open water the size of a football field by the river. Everyone pulls up to watch, while riders take turns crossing the water. Pretty funny. this one guy was leaning back, doing like 25 mph, he was pulling up on the handlebars and gunning the throttle repeatedly, making it jump up and down out of the water like a jet ski. Soem riders would approach the water side-by-sideat 30 mph, then gun it as they hit the water. Snowmo-water-cross drag race! I might have a photo somewhere...

It was 10 degrees out that day, and I watched someone drop their sled. the water is only waist deep. It was a laugh at first, the handlebars and windshield were sticking out of the water. The guy waded away from his stalled sled to the edge of the ice. Within 15 minutes, he had 2 sleds hooked up to it with a rope, and they pulled it back onto the ice! This was 2 years ago. If anyone remembers, they also had a groomer fall through the ice.

Mear Image
06-25-2002, 11:03 PM
Love the dirt myself, Anyone else?