PDA

View Full Version : Info on a boat to buy

ausracer
11-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Hi all, I am from Australia and I am looking at getting into the SST120 class over here. I am currently looking at a 2001 Seebold hull, can anyone tell me anything about these hulls before I purchase it :)

Thankyou

Bruce Washburn
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Seebolds are very competitive boats. You need to consider a couple of things. Like what was the boat built for 120, Champ, F1. How much you weigh. Lift, tunnel width, length of the boat, etc. I would get as much information about the history of the boat. Has it been wrecked, who fixed it, who owned the boat in the past, has the boat been changed, what classes it ran in and the success the boat has had etc. I would then call Tim Seebold and talk with him before I purchased the boat. If the boat was built for Champ or F1 it probably will not make a great 120 boat. You can look up Seebold racing on the net to get a contact for Tim.

ausracer
11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks Bruce, I will try and contact Tim Seebold and see if he know anything about the boat.

Thankyou

ausracer
11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I have just been looking around the Seeboldracing.com website, but I can not find Tim Seebold's email address, can anyone please help me out with it.

Thankyou

woodduck
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Go to the contact us section and hit on that and it should automatically come up in your screen. Write it down or click and drag.

Or just ring them. You will get so much further than just firing off an email.

That would be the best way. Good luck.

Oh, it's not Jase is it?

woodduck
11-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Just checked their site. Go to the home page and click on email!

ausracer
11-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks Woodduck, what is the website address that I should be looking at, I must be looking up the wrong site as I not finding an email button. Can you please PM me any details you have so I can contact the company. Thankyou.

woodduck
11-12-2007, 03:55 AM
http://www.seebold.com/html/raceboats.htm

Try that. Good luck. Hope you have a good budget?

ausracer
11-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the help, once I have purchased a boat I will post some pics and introduce myself properly, at the moment I am just keeping a low profile till I have purchased a boat.