PDA

View Full Version : Hi! From a new member. (but not new to racing)

JPrice
09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow, first off let me just say that racing in the states has changed tremendously since I've last been to an event. It has been years since I traveled all over with my dad. Probably anywhere from 10-15 years to be exact. He some time ago made a move to circuits in Mexico and for the last bunch of years has been playing in Europe and the Middle East.

I used to love being all over the country watching the races. I've only since been to 1 race in Mexico and 1 in Italy. Soon I'll be back to another.

Anyway, enough of my rambling on. Just wanted to say hey since I stumbled upon this forum by accident. (I was trying to text Scott Gillman's daughter with the correct spelling of Guido Capellini's last name and when I I looked up his name it showed a post from this site as one of the 1st few results in google.) Figured I'd become a member and check out the scene some.

See you guys around!

Moonshot180
09-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey JPrice, nice to have ya on the forum. It's a great place to spend time, and get educated. There are some real top notch gearheads here too.

C-ya around the forum!:)

JPrice
09-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah. I've been trying to get my dad to let me race, but he said he doesn't want anyone in his family [besides himself of course] to race. He tells me it is because it is too dangerous, but I think it is something else as well. He doesn't want me to be a better racer and win more World Championships than he has. hahaha

In the meantime, I plan to spend a great deal of time here furthering my knowledge. Hopefully he'll change his mind soon.

Moonshot180
09-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm not a racer, I just like to have fun and go fast if I can't catch a fish.:D

If you do start racing, make sure you get enough seat time in before you decide to 'test the limits' ya know? Would hate to see you or anyone else wind up hurt...or worse.

Good luck!