PDA

View Full Version : Bass Boat Bill High points Champion?

Rocket
09-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Nope!!! Bass boat missed High points Championship by 70 FREAK'N points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

But yes, he is the Runner up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Congrat's BBB on a great 2007 season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bill mason
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Got a call from secretary of the club and she said she hated to make "the call" BUT for every completed time trail run we complete we get 10 points. At the Ft Worth race she gave me 10 points for the race I was thrown out of the boat even though I had gone through the finish line. The rule book states that if you "imped" the race no points are allowed. When she took the 10 points off I was tied with Mike Albright for runner up. The rules break a tie by awarding the winner to the boat with most 1st place wins in a season. Long story is Mike is runner up. I had my chance to win it all on last race and went for it, cut a .02 light but broke out by .04. I am just happy to be able to race and hang with everyone. Close but no cigar.

Rocket
09-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Got a call from secretary of the club and she said she hated to make "the call" BUT for every completed time trail run we complete we get 10 points. At the Ft Worth race she gave me 10 points for the race I was thrown out of the boat even though I had gone through the finish line. The rule book states that if you "imped" the race no points are allowed. When she took the 10 points off I was tied with Mike Albright for runner up. The rules break a tie by awarding the winner to the boat with most 1st place wins in a season. Long story is Mike is runner up. I had my chance to win it all on last race and went for it, cut a .02 light but broke out by .04. I am just happy to be able to race and hang with everyone. Close but no cigar.

OMG!!! :eek: 10 freak'n points!!!! :o I can't believe it bud!!!!!!!!! :confused:

That is even worse than our loss last year by 50 points,, and it was done by a STAND IN Boat and a Driver!!!!!! :(

Oh well, Congrat's on one GREAT season anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Fl Boy in ILL
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Bill

No matter what runner up or not it gives you something to strive for next year, you did a great job.

Rick

stoker2001
09-06-2007, 05:30 PM
CONGRATS either way Bill
We definatly know the feeling getting R/U last year,missing the title by 14 points:p
All i had to do was win the Final round at the World Finals and we lost the round by a couple feet:cool:
Makes for some good Drama:)
We are in second now, down 139 points with two races left
You guys need to make a showing at the WFs
anyone here if John Wright and Jim Dunn will be back this year?

Costa
09-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Congrats Bill on another great season.

JohnR225
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Bill!!!

I’m proud of ya! :D :D :D

Rocket
09-11-2007, 06:26 AM
RR 366 More Aggravation Johnson, Brandon Big Spring, TX 3504

RR 747 Wat'er The Odds? Allbright, Mike Odessa, TX 3424

RR 225 Masonite Mason, Bill Denton, TX 3424

That's some tight points race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ggoslow
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
bill where was the trolling motor when you needed it ? none the less you can be very proud of third place.in this case place of honor. good luck stay dry greg & bonny