PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an update on Wyatt Nelson?

slowverado
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I heard he had a press serious crash and surgery was needed etc. Anyone have any info?

Eric T
08-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I read on Champboatracing.com that Wyatt had a serious injury to his vertabre and spinal cord , he had surgery to repair the vertabre but it says he has no feeling from his chest down, I am a big Wyatt Nelson fan, and can only hope and pray that he recovers,As i always hope and pray when anybody has a bad wreck in boat racing or anything else. Perhaps if everybody prays and hopes for his recovery,you know the power of positive thinking, he will be O.K. Wyatt is a great guy !

slowverado
08-25-2007, 10:31 PM
I've met Wyatt a few times, he's been around for quite a while and he's always been persistant and run hard. Good luck Wyatt and family.

spn#43
08-25-2007, 11:17 PM
This was posted by Wyatt's son on other site.

Hey Everyone,

Again I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers through this tough time. Yesterday (8/24/07), we moved my father from Cincinnati to the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, which is 0.5miles from my brother (Dave) and 1.5miles from me. This will allow us to get to my father at the drop of a hat and enable us to be with him as much as the center allows us. He is still in some pain but we are getting him ready for therapy which will start this Monday (8/27/07).

His current address is:

Shepherd Center
Attn: Wyatt Nelson
2020 Peachtree Road
Room 304-A
Atlanta, GA 30309

My (Jason) phone # is
email: jason.nelson@gatech.edu

My brother's (David) phone # is
email: david.nelson@mba.gatech.edu

Thank You,

Jason

rgina35
08-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I read on Champboatracing.com that Wyatt had a serious injury to his vertabre and spinal cord , he had surgery to repair the vertabre but it says he has no feeling from his chest down, I am a big Wyatt Nelson fan, and can only hope and pray that he recovers,As i always hope and pray when anybody has a bad wreck in boat racing or anything else. Perhaps if everybody prays and hopes for his recovery,you know the power of positive thinking, he will be O.K. Wyatt is a great guy !
I was at that race.

Eric T
08-30-2007, 05:53 PM
So rgina35 can you tell us what happened ?

rgina35
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
All that I could tell was it was right after take off and all the boats were together and he ran up on the boat #38 Jeff Shepherd then after that I dont know.