PDA

View Full Version : SDBA heads to Ft. Worth Texas

Rocket
07-28-2007, 08:24 AM
http://www.cowtownlakefest.com/images/top.jpg

The 2007 Cowtown Dragboat Nationals will be held during the weekend of August 4th-5th, 2007 at Marine Creek Lake in Ft. Worth, TX.

You won't want to miss this race!!!!!! http://www.cowtownlakefest.com/

slowverado
07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
can't wait, WAY overpriced, WAY to hot, and WAY to damn far to walk across the dam. I'll be watching from the TCC side for free.

Rocket
08-01-2007, 08:06 AM
can't wait, WAY overpriced, WAY to hot, and WAY to damn far to walk across the dam. I'll be watching from the TCC side for free.

I can't help the Heat! Heck I'm just glad it's not raining!!!!!!!!!! Plus this IS Texas in August!!!! :eek: :eek:

We have Limo Golf carts that will shuttle you to and from the parking area....:cool:

It costs $$$ to bring Racing to your back yard! With lan d costs, and Insurance, and Cops, Gas,,,,,,and shutting down the service road for two days,,, It just cost MOney!!!!!

Thanks for your Support of the Sport! :confused:

slowverado
08-01-2007, 06:33 PM
The access road is uneven lanes right now, not sure if you knew or not, not sure how that will affect you guys this weekend. Be careful, stay safe, and have fun! I remember back when the Texas Twister Club had races at Marine Creek, people came from ALL over to race, and the admission was like $3 for kids and $6 or $7 for adults. It does look like the rain should hold off for the weekend, atleast in this part of town. I'll probably pay and go watch on Saturday.

Rocket
08-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Here's a Coupon that you can print out and save you a couple of Bucks! :cool:

http://www.cowtownlakefest.com/images/coupon07.jpg

CLICK ON The LINK BELOw!

http://www.cowtownlakefest.com/coupon_print.html

slowverado
08-03-2007, 12:06 PM
tons of boats there already boys!! Looks like its going to be a good time.

Rusrog
08-03-2007, 02:19 PM
head over there on Sunday about 11:00 or so and watch the goin's' on for a while...

slowverado
08-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Roger, do you live in Lake Worth? I met a fella a while back with an Allison that lives off of Boat Club and I think his name was Roger.

Rusrog
08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
but I moved before I bought my Allison. Where did you meet him?

What do you have??? Hell we may have met before...

slowverado
08-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I had just finished putting the motor back in my old 2001 Z28 and I was driving around a neighborhood trying to get some data logs and drove by and saw an allison sitting on the street and there were several powerheads in the garage, so I stopped and said hey. I have an 83 Laser 380 and 86 LTV but havn't been on the water in years with either. The LTV is an ex-mod-vp boat of my uncle's in the Texas Twisters days.

Jay Smith
08-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Rocket just called ( Sunday @ 10:00 AM from Cowtown ( Ft. Worth ) and said they qualified #9 in a 21 boat field. Won first round this morning and air was VERY bad... BTW Bill Mason got thrown from his boat yeaterday but was OK !!!

Rocket
08-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Boat Count was 138!!!! :eek:

21 in M/E
16 in RR
16 Pro-Mods!!! (Mr. Marty Logan Got his PM license! :rolleyes: )

Second hance paid $1000.00 to 1st & $200.00 to 2nd,, CASH!!!!!!

We had a little electrical Gremlin,,, but ran 6 rounds on Sunday inspite of it!!! :D

BASS BOAT BILL (Bill Mason, The Flying Butcher) Quilifed 1st place on saterday,, and Got 2nd place in RR on Sunday!!!! Way to go Bill!!!!!!:D

Yeah as Jay said,, He got wet sunday but is AOK!!! :) He was very Lucky (we all are)... :cool: What happend was,,, He broke his Drive shaft off Saterday and lost his BEST prop,,,, He borrowed a lower unit from Denise Hodges to run another pass,,,, it was a lower unit he was not used to!!!! @ 95mph the lower unit blew out and she HOOKED to the left and pitched Bill out pretty hard!!!!!!!! Glad your OK ol'man!! WE love you!;) He went home Saterday night and put HIS back up lower on it and ended up 2nd on Sunday!!! :D

The Winds were giving the Allisoins hell Both Sat & sunday,,,coming over the Starboard side with a extra roll off the hill!!! :o But it was a GREAT race!!!!

slowverado,,,,, Soffy I never got to meet you!!!!!!! But thanks for coming!:)

Russ,,, Where were you???? I would have loved to see you again Ol'Friend!!!! Hope you enjoyed the show!!! Did you stay for the TFH's???

Results
PWC1 - Bruce Johnson winner over Curtis Dollar
PWC2 - Jonathan Washington over Alexa Sparkman
RR - Mike Albright winner over Bill Mason
SE - Gordon Wilson winner over Chad
ME - David Cooper winner over Scott Clark
TE - Buck Hux winner over Tim Ortiz
PE - Jason James winner over Jeff Leblanc
PCE - Lipinski winner over Randy Wall
PM - Shaun Reed winner over Brutus Utter
TAF - Jerry Davis over Raber
TFH - Doug Verstuft winner w/ 4.97 @228.42 over Steve Carter 5.84 @ 187.5

bill mason
08-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Hey Rocket man, we sure were lucky to have met you, Deb, and Jim when we moved here. You all have really become good friends and we really enjoy your company at the races. Get that electrical thing figured out so you can be in the winners circle at Waco. Take care ole friend

slowverado
08-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Damn good to hear you are doing good Bill. Sounds like a pretty nasty spill you took. Congrats on the runner-up too, with that many entrants I'm sure the competition was STOUT.

waterdad
08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Too hot, uh it's Texas we're bred for this kinda thing. Way overpriced, the coupon helped and the pit pass was cool. I'd like them to keep coming back so I'll pay my share. Not to mention there was enough fence jumpin non paying sob's as it was. Way too far to walk, I thought they did a fair job with the shuttles, me and the wife brought our own scooters though.

Enjoyed the heck out of it. Some pics I posted at another joint

http://www.dockmen.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=10810.html

Rusrog
08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
It was a decent show. Saw Rocket make a couple of passes as well as Bill Mason...

The fuel boats were a bit of a dissappointment as usual.

ProMod was fun to watch and the competition was good.

PWC(Lake Lice) racing is just a whipping... And there were soooooooo many of them. I was just praying for it to end.

SOme of the other classes were entertaining but it's embarrassing watching and hearing someone let up at 1000ft, turn around and look over their shoulder and see if they have to get on the pedal again. That's just not racing... It would just bewilder me to lose cause I went too fast or too quick.

I don't know when they quit but I went home at about 3:00 and I was hearing them from home unitl about 7:00....

slowverado
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Dang Russ, you must live just as close as I do. I could hear the fuelers a few times yesterday from my place.

Rocket
08-06-2007, 08:16 PM
SOme of the other classes were entertaining but it's embarrassing watching and hearing someone let up at 1000ft, turn around and look over their shoulder and see if they have to get on the pedal again. That's just not racing... It would just bewilder me to lose cause I went too fast or too quick.

QUOTE]

Russ,, If you have a boat that will run 10.5's and NO faster,, then you need to race the boats that run in the 11's! Yeah you have to Sand bag,, but that IS called "Bracket racing"! It has been around for years in cars & Bike racing,,, and wiht modern tech we are able to race it with boats! we even have the ablility to stager the lights and let 10 second boats race 12 second boats!!!! If there was a better way to keep it fair than we would ALL do it! The guys you saw looking back,, were able to "Break out" and were checking to see if they had to push it or not.......

IMHO,,,, SDBA's River racer class is probably the closest racing you will ever see!!! You can "Dial in" any number that fits your boat then the lights are staggerd to fit each boat! Then it ALL comes down to can you run the same ET every pass and can you "Cut a lite"!!!

We lost our second round on Sunday by .006!:eek: 6000 of a second is pretty hard to judge with a naked eye!:rolleyes:

All in all,,, it comes down to what kind of racing brings in the most BUCKS!!!!!!! ;)

I would race anybody,,, anytime,,, anywhere,,, with any kind of craft!!!:D I just want to race something!!!! :D We all choose our place to race,,,,, and unless you have the balls to run faster than 175mph in 7.000 seconds in a Boat,,,,,, then Bracket racing is the "Fairest" & "SAFEST" way to race (IMHO)!!! Driver and Boat setup is the KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks again for Coming,, there were 138 boats and a TON of Spectators!! The VENDORS sold out ALL the BEER and ALL THE FOOD they had!!!!!!! ;) Another GREAT weekend for Cowtown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CYA next year!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE]The fuel boats were a bit of a dissappointment as usual.
FYI 3 of our TFH's have crashed this season,, so the TFH show is not what is should be!!!!! 240+ MPH from a dead stop is "Freakin Sceamin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way2slow on H2O
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree with Mike (Rocket) bracket racing is very challenging... I've had the most fun this year in SDBA than my previous 25+ years "pairing up" with boats (not that Plowman's is not fun!!!). This is as close to asphalt drag racing as it gets. I dont care if i win or lose, i just have a love for the sport and speed (yeah, i have a slow boat, lmao, but!!!) I joined SDBA because it's a close knit family and I have long time friends (and family) that are in this club, not to mention the cast iron guys that LOVE "clamp-on's" roflmao!!!

BTW Mike, I went from a 1.987 RT to -.874 red light after your pep talk, lmao... and you have a mere .006 (that's the thickness of a fine hair, wash the dirt off your keel, lol...) I'll do better next year.....

C ya in Waco!!!!!!

Ronnie
SE 214 (slow but havin' fun)