PDA

View Full Version : Smokin On The Cove Race

Jay Smith
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Well its that time again one of the biggest race events of the season in the gorgious cool mountain air of Malvern Ark... If ya live in the south come on up and get out of the heat...BIG $$ purses draw some of the top car motored blown alky and flats in the country going up against the bad boy outboards in a 1000 ft Drag Race. All timing done with professional clocks with times and mph accurately announced by a professional announcer with a GREAT P.A. sytem... Great weather ,tons of boats good "Ole Ark. Hospitality"....This is the only race my wife and I look forward to and attend EVERY year ... 10 miles away from Hot Springs , Ark..

Glenn tells me that IF your a racer and paid you money in Ok. City last month AND raced last year at Smokin on the Cove your eligable to race at the Smokin Race this year..
Come on down and enjoy the carnival atmosphere ...Come by and chat with us at the JSRE support trailor...
See ya'll there..
SEPT 28,29 30 Malvern, Arkansas

http://www.bassboatcentral.com/signatures/JSREsig1.gif

bill mason
07-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Anyone know who to contact to register for this race?

Rocket
07-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Anyone know who to contact to register for this race?

Bass-Boat-Bill,,,,,, Here's the website>>>>> http://www.smokininthecove.com/

You will have to take ALL your Fishing gear out to race with the Bracket boats that,,,,,,,,,,,,"Aim it at the Mountain"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

M.CHAPMAN
07-28-2007, 09:57 AM
We'll see you fella's again this year.
-Michael

Sam Baker
07-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I've got a room reserved, but I'll have to wait 'til New Athens to see if I can get my boat into the 9s at 1000' (SLDBA usually sets up a 1000' light at that race for the guys prepping for SITC). It has great punch but not as much top end as the 260s so I'm hoping that even though it'll only run mid 11s in the quarter that maybe my low end and midrange is good enough to get into the low 9s/high 8s in 1000'. I'm hoping to go this year...I've never been able to go for one reason or another.

Casey
07-28-2007, 01:45 PM
I guess I've never paid attention to this race before. is it bracket racing like SDBA or is it more of a heads up race?

bill mason
07-28-2007, 01:59 PM
EVERYONE I ever talked to said this IS the race to go to. Come on Sam would like to meet you and I know that little "225" can outrun me!! Hell Rocket I might bring the fishin stuff, if I can run fast enough then I will go fishin!! Thanks for the web site, goin to register right now.

Fl Boy in ILL
07-28-2007, 09:45 PM
We'll be there!!!!

Casey, its a 1000' rope raceonly 4 brackets 9,8,7,6.

Rick

M.CHAPMAN
07-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Last year was my first run in the cove, and I can say it was a race to remember, Rick (Conklin) told me before we went that if he could only race one race a year it would be this one, I could see why, he hit the nail on the head, a very unique setting and probably the toughest racing anyone will be a part of. Our class, 8 sec., was seperated by only .007th's of a second with a 16 boat field. You have to be on your game over there, we learned a lot and were just glad to qualify against about 33 entries. We got some good advice from some other teams and were able to run a 8.03 for the 6th spot in the last round of qualifying. That was a win in itself to me for the first time there, It's among the most well organized events in my opinion. Hope to see some more of you this year. Best of luck to everyone. If you make there you'll be glad you did.
-Michael

M.CHAPMAN
07-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey Rick, looks like you got "papa's toy" dial right in today in Gadsden, 10.001, hell of a job my friend, you are "da man".Nailing 10 flats on the first season with the new boat, That puts you at the top of the heap in my book . Give it hell tomorrow, looks like you and Ron should be at the top of the field going into round one. Hate I couldn't make it, I'm kicking myself for not coming.
Best of luck to ya!!!!!!
-Michael

stoker2001
07-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey Rick, looks like you got "papa's toy" dial right in today in Gadsden, 10.001, hell of a job my friend, you are "da man".Nailing 10 flats on the first season with the new boat, That puts you at the top of the heap in my book . Give it hell tomorrow, looks like you and Ron should be at the top of the field going into round one. Hate I couldn't make it, I'm kicking myself for not coming.
Best of luck to ya!!!!!!
-Michael
What he said
I seen pics of Gadsden qualifying on Mark Mclaughlins site and the new DR20 "paps toy" looks sick and congrats on #1 qual
Hope you saw em all off today Rick,good luck

M.CHAPMAN
07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Kevin,
Rick's boat is a Quartershot T-1,
-Michael

stoker2001
07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
MC
Thanks for the correction,they kinda look the same:confused:
Sorry to see on www.dragboatracing.com that Ric redlighted in the first round
I did the same thing at our last race and surrendered the points lead:o
Anyone here going to the IHBA Marble falls,texas race in two weeks?
Cant wait to pull the 1800 miles one way to play in the nasty heat/humidity there:rolleyes:

Rocket
07-30-2007, 06:31 AM
I guess I've never paid attention to this race before. is it bracket racing like SDBA or is it more of a heads up race?

Casey,
It's the #1 race in the country for "bracket racers"!!! More than 30 boats per class enter on Friday,,, But, Only 16 boats per field race for the BIG $$$ on Sunday,, If you CANN even qualify,,, it's a WIN in it' self!:eek:

It's a GREAT race!!!! Come to Waco and get you a time slip to see how you run on 1000',,,,,,,,,,, Then come to the cove!!! ;)

Rocket
07-30-2007, 06:34 AM
MC
Anyone here going to the IHBA Marble falls,texas race in two weeks?
Cant wait to pull the 1800 miles one way to play in the nasty heat/humidity there:rolleyes:

Sorry,, We won't be there!!:mad: Good luck to you Stoker!!!!!!:D

Come back and race @ the Cove in the Fall, You won't be sorry you made that pull!!! ;)

JTS Racing
07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
If I understand correctly, you must have run one race with an organization in order to run SITC. Just a reminder, KDBA's last race of the season in Livermore, KY will be a 1000' event. Test and tune on Friday Aug 17, qualifying on Sat the 18th and eliminations on Sunday.

Rocket
08-01-2007, 08:08 AM
If I understand correctly, you must have run one race with an organization in order to run SITC. Just a reminder, KDBA's last race of the season in Livermore, KY will be a 1000' event. Test and tune on Friday Aug 17, qualifying on Sat the 18th and eliminations on Sunday.
'

That is correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDBA's last race is Labor day weekend At Waco TExas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D