PDA

View Full Version : Racing Radios

BamBam2970
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Okay Guys !! Those of you who Have Two-way radios to communicate to your Pits ! or crew to the Race Boat . Vice - Versa !!

1 What Brand of Radio ?
2 Communication setup in Boat ! Example / portable radio w/ Helmut Plug in ... Or The Hi-Dollar Stuff w/ the Box w/ ptt button on Wheel Etc.

3. Like or Dislike in Different Radio's and Manufacturers ?

Or What would You Prefer !!!

Note: I need Some Info from You Guys !!! Anyone who comments I sure do (Thankyou for Your INput ! (Comments) and etc. About your Communication Equipment !!!

One Note : I am Not LOOKING to Buy Any EquipMent I HAve More Tahn ENough High Tech STUFF !!!! SCRAMBLE/ENCRYPT Hee!! HEE!!!

*** I Hear You !!! But You CAN'T HEAR ME !!!

Thanks

UncleD

Bruce Washburn
05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
there are several different brands that work well. We use Motorola SP50. depending on what you are doing the waterproof box is a big help. I would deal with one of the Racing Radio shops and get the whole set up from them. Radios, box, helmet mic,button for the wheel, earphones, headset for the crew guy on the beach, wiring for the boat etc. In the long run you will be much happpier than trying to patch a system together

BamBam2970
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I am a (Kenwood dealer) i was just aquiring INfo !!! I have access to all the same stuff the others Provide. I provide alot of covert equipment and etc. already !! for the Public Safety !! and was just adding notes to my Project BOOK !!

Who would or would like their Teams communication to be monitored ?

Some might not even care if they are being eavesdropped or not , But i like my STuff to be Scrambled/encrypt for my OWN privacy!

Hee!Hee! ( I MIGHT SAY A BAD WORD!!!) OOPS !!

I could take a Police Scanner put it in search Mode UHF AND VHF BAND

And Pretty much within an hour or Less i could have your teams frequency and listening to everything said between your Driver/crew chief/ etc.

Gotta go !

d