PDA

View Full Version : Any sponsered racers here?

KG4
04-26-2007, 03:44 PM
What is the best way to attract a sponsor?Thanks dsr_racer@yahoo.com

props4u2
04-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Race the Nascar series!

Lee

jphii
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM
First, you need to buy a business. Then you just write the checks.

luvgoing fast
04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Get Good at what yu do.

pyro
04-27-2007, 07:53 PM
pray...

afr
04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
oohohoho i dont know maybe you need a payback for the sponsor
sponsors want addvertizing
lol your kidding right
jp i write the checks also
nascar lol good luck they got there hand out all the time
getting good is the fastest way
but consitince is even better
sell sell sell yourself and back it up works for me
oh i pray all day every day

mr_velocity
04-27-2007, 09:13 PM
I was sponsored when I raced offshore in 00/01, was able to get 6 figures/year from the title sponsor. Sold hospitiality. Every corporation takes their clients golfing, how many can take them to an offshore event. They usually chartered a small yacht and had a small party right next to the course, the spray would almost hit the clients. Hang out in the pits with the crew etc. All I can say is WOW, what a success. People who are not familier with racing get into the excitement in a big way.

Advertising, good luck. You can't promise TV time, news paper coverage, magazine coverage etc, sold that as a perk it if happens.

When you go in you have to be prepared and professional. The money is out there but its not easy to actually land a deal. The day of the meet we parked the race boat and truck outside the corp headquarters, took about 3 minutes for the entire building to empty the 500+ people that worked there. Had the CEO of the company sitting in the driver's seat making the brrrrrrruuuuummmmm noises and everything. At that point I knew it was a done deal. BTW, the company had nothing to do with anything boating or automotive etc. It was a high tech company making optical networking devices....basically geeks :D

KG4
04-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys for the advice.I have alot of work ahead of me.

Fl Boy in ILL
04-27-2007, 09:42 PM
The best way is to WIN, not a better way to get noticed than win, you have to be pleasant and have something to offer the people you that you want their $$$$'s, self promotion its kind of like looking for a job!!!!

Rick

ggoslow
05-08-2007, 10:13 AM
there are many ways and amounts. i run small me drag boat. we have eleven small local sponcers. we make a deal. we put the boat on dissplay at all the car and boat shows we can get to . as well as there locations. we find people love race boats big fast ,small or slow the all see them selves not the class of boat. most of our season is payed this way. a simple web site and pictures of kids in the boat start to pay off soon. check our web www. armed forces special.com.

deejaycee_2000
05-25-2007, 06:53 AM
I had to beg and plea, sent a proposal to every damn company I could, somewhere somehow someone love the sport and went for it, they were never sorry, best is to approach people who knows people .... make a nice proposal telling them about yourself, your passion and how it will benifit them to sponsor you ......

ssent
06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I was pit guy for my buddy who raced a fz 750 years ago when they first came out, at Beloit, Wis. They way he got some sponsers was to find somebody who likes the sport. Man it took alot of knocking on doors, and the three he found were enthusiasts. Oh, did I mention winning also.

Rodney Nance
06-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I think he has it right. The guys putting up the money want to go and have a good time.They also want everbody to know that boat that is kicking ass is sponserd by them. That is were the racer comes in.