PDA

View Full Version : Loyd Burns (Loyd's Marine, Evansville,Ind.)

raymar
04-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Bad news:
Loyd Burns of Evansville Indiana was killed while boat testing at Pisgah Bay on Kentucky Lake Yesterday April 21. Please remember a great boat-racing old-timer & remember his family with your prayers.:(

popslavaz
04-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Loyd was a great racer.When we drew him we ALLWAYS had a handfull!!

R.I.P LOYD

POPS

BrentShaw
04-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Very sad news racing with SLDBA will not be the same with out him!
thought's and prayers to his family.

JTS Racing
04-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Lloyd H. Burns III
Lloyd H. Burns III, 68, of Evansville, passed away Saturday, April 21, 2007, at Deaconess Hospital after being involved in a boating accident at Kentucky Lake.

Mr. Burns owned the original Baja franchise in the United States. He owned and operated Lloyd's Inland Marina and was a member of the Kentucky Drag Boat Association and the St. Louis Drag Boat Association. He served in the U.S. Army from 1957 through 1959 as a member of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Ky.

He attended St. Boniface Catholic Church.

He is survived by his wife of four years, Carol Elgin Burns; three daughters, Kelly Burns of Evansville, Angela Burns of Tampa, Fla., and Holly Sullivan of St. Louis, Mo.; one stepdaughter, Lori Klumpp of Mount Vernon, Ind.; two stepsons, Larry Jo Pruitt of Indianapolis and Eric Modglin of Robinson, Ill.; two grandchildren, Patrick Sullivan and Matthew Sullivan; and seven stepgrandchildren also survive Lloyd.

Funeral services will begin at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 25, 2007, at St. Boniface Catholic Church, Rev. Kenneth Herr officiating.

Friends may visit with the family from 2 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Pierre Funeral Home and from 9:30 a.m. to service time Wednesday at the church.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Evansville Rescue Mission or the Vanderburgh Humane Society.

RIP my friend.

LakeRacer99
04-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Sad News, I heard this over the weekend. We raced with Lloyd for years in SLDBA. I also bought my old Allison from Lloyd.
RIP Lloyd.

Rocket
04-23-2007, 09:29 PM
I got a call from Gary Payne fron SDBA today about Lloyd H. Burns III, he read it on www.dragboatalley.com

I never got to meet loyd,, but he will be remembered in my prayers tonight!!:o

GOD SPEED from the "Sweet&Sassy" team!!!!!!!

lbburns
04-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I am sorry to report the Lloyd Burns was killed on Saturday the 21st, doing what he LOVED. He was running his Drag Boat at Kentucky Lake when the boat fliped. He was airlifted to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, IN where he died.

This is a loss for all who knew and loved him. The racing world has lost it's LEGEND! He was and will always be "Indiana Lloyd and the Temple of ZOOM!"

Please visit www. EvansvilleCourier.com to view the photo album and guest book.

Please all racers...Be careful out there. God be with all of you.

The Burns Family

M.CHAPMAN
04-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Hate to hear this, my condolences to the family, I watched Lloyd run 8 flats all weekend last year at Smokin in the Cove and win the class. Sorry to hear R.I.P Lloyd.
-Michael

stoker2001
04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Loyd and family:(

THE FAST ONE
05-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Never Heard Anything Bad About Him,all Our Prayer's And Thought's Go Out To Family&friends.--ed