PDA

View Full Version : Rumble On The River, August 2 -4 At Carrollton, Kentucky

Instigator
05-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Man is it coming fast:eek: :eek: :eek:
My Vector and FrankenRude are still in pcs on the garage floor and I know none of you Merc guys are going to let me get away with showing up w/o a real boat for 2 years in a row:D
Most of you already know what to expect and to those of you that are new to the board or have'nt heard about it here you go.
It is O/B only. Bring what ever you want to spectate.
I/O, Inboards or what ever, we don't care.
But to do battle in any of the contests that we have planned, you aint allowed to have any damn valves in your motors!!
No timing chains, no rocker arms, no cam shafts etc!
Last year was the first ever and I think every one had a hoot.
Bring any of your "junk" you want to trade/sell etc.
I can't begin to tell you how many props I saw last year walk up and down the banks being tested!!
We have confirmations from a bunch of loons coming from as far away as Canada, Fla, Louisanna, maybe even Great Briton??
It is going to be at a park that is on the water at the confluence of the Ohio and Kentucky Rivers.
The town of Carrollton is rolling out the red carpet for us and we have already been in the local papers.
The town is putting us in local magazines, newspaper, TV, and radio adds. THEY ARE GEEKED!
Ken Warby is bringing his new jet powered World Record Water Speed demon down to display. This crazy S.O.B. went out and bought a top secret "toy" boat to come out and do battle with us!! This guy plays hard ball!
Here is a link to our website that should answer most of your questions. If you have any other ones, or need something special please e me at gwilli3@columbus.rr.com , or call any time 614-777-5885.
http://www.rumbleontheriver.com/
Thanks guys!
Gary

KaptainKirk
05-01-2002, 11:55 PM
fer ya !!!
I gonna spank yo ass !!!
hows a bout upin da anty!!!
I will wax da bottom of yo hull if I lose to ya...if trex loses and I lose my lady gotta cook ya dinner and I wax the bottom of ya hull!
NOW what ya got ta match that?????? .....maybe you lose you be my launch bitch for a day !!
Or my golf cart driver inda evening while we bar hop !!!
ah hell can't count my HP till there hatched !!
But GOD is on my side !!!
Ah well ..........WHATYAGONNASAYNOWGATOR?????
Of course ya gonna be rex's and my bitch ifn ya lose ta both us good ole boyz!!
HAHAAHHAHHHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Talon2.5
05-02-2002, 02:14 AM
yikes KK is callin' you out hard gator :eek:

better get that bad boy runnin soon!!!!

Instigator
05-02-2002, 07:34 AM
kapy,Kapy, Kapy what am I gonna do with you???
Besides KICK YOUR LILLY WHITE ASS :eek:
Just need to fgure out what it is I want you to do after wards that I won't do myself!!
Kinda thinkin that after I thump your ass, maybe I'll make you T-Rex's bitch:D You know what they say about dem boys from dah swamp!! Not much they won't do:eek:
We also need to figure out rules cause I still wanna take your "pontoonie boat" out and thump it on the big end with a "ski boat" :o
I'll have to think about this one for a while. Let's see, a perfectlly good white boy to use how ever I want:D
Rock on my brothers!!
Gary

Scream And Fly
05-02-2002, 01:13 PM
I can't wait! Gary, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I know, I know, I've been such a stranger. I'm working on it though...

Skip, getting the guitar ready? I LIKE that Ironbird!!!

Greg

Talon2.5
05-03-2002, 03:07 AM
greg i will bring whatever guitar ya want me to and try my best to do some "improv" picking with ya at the rumble!!

but remember now go easy on me!! i'm not well versed in guitar playing!!

if you dont come to the rumble i'm coming to find you throw your butt in a boat and live a little!!

remember, all work and no play will bring on the ole heart attack someday!!

Instigator
05-03-2002, 06:55 AM
There is a stage at the Tiki bar that I'm sure we can comindere (sp?) for some Rumble toons for those of you with musical abilities??

MODVP22
05-06-2002, 10:57 PM
Oh man, this sounds more and more like a great time with every post!:cool:

Instigator
05-09-2002, 09:31 AM
rough draft

MODVP22
05-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Looks good Investigator.
hey are those Mercs or "Rudes? LOL;)
How is the site coming along with your broken computer?
Good luck with the paint

halveb
05-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Okay now we need at least one drummer and bass guitar player and preferably keyboards and lets not forget....SINGERS. I vote everyone should get up and sing (after the proper medication of course).:D :D :D

Instigator
05-14-2002, 02:41 PM
MVP22, the puter is finally back up and site should be up-dated in a few days.
halveb, not enough medication in Carrollton to get me to sing!!:eek:

MODVP22
05-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Investigator,
Glad to hear things are coming together for ya. Computer, paint, boat, lookin' good man. How's the Sonic motor coming along?
:cool:

halveb
05-14-2002, 10:03 PM
Instigator,

Enough of the soda pop with the head on it and I'm sure we could convince you of almost anything:D ;) :D :eek:

KaptainKirk
05-14-2002, 11:56 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
You gonna get a call during da weekend Gator!!
I launch at Dawn this Sat.
Oh and they say it might snow.......I don't care another reason ta wear the helmet!!
I should have info...ya asked for at that time.
Tool Boxes be here monday the 20th.
K.K.

Instigator
05-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Freakin crazy canuck (Yammer) is on his way down with his girl and his boat, will hit town tonight.
He has some parts to test and some heads to p/u here at my place.
Told him last night on the phone that the weather was going to be ****ty, but he said "so what? It just snowed here!"
Funny thing is, he said I'm not allowed to get close to his motor??
Something about me being jinxed and being afraid it would scatter???
What's up with that?? :D