PDA

View Full Version : Laying the smack down on the bigblocks

stoker2001
03-16-2007, 11:58 PM
:D no photo chop,disregard that the hydr has not popped the tail yet http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/Pro_Mod_Hydro_race.JPG

Fl Boy in ILL
03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
:D Kevin

Great picture, I have one of my Mirage running a 8 sec hdro with the same results, me out front (but not for long, LOL) he went by me like I was backing up.

Rick

stoker2001
03-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats a Pro mod seven second index,ditto on the backing up:D :D

Cobra1racer
03-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Al are you coming to Phoenix for the first race of the new season?

stoker2001
03-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Al are you coming to Phoenix for the first race of the new season?Been breaking in the new pistons and doing shakedown runs lately hopeing this new combo will run the number in Pheonix's 100 degree heat.I should be ready in time,are you going to make it out there?

Cobra1racer
03-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Well if I sit in my back yard I can here them running. I havn't had mine out since I put the GT300 on it. I see it sinking to the bottom of the lake, transom first. This motor is heavy. The boat has the bottom like and old Carabian, and the deck is the same as the cole 20ss. I wish it had the freeboard of the cole. I'm sure it will be ok, just going to take my time slowing down. Do you know if Cole was the one that built that deck or did they copy some one? I was thinking about popping some new molds off it. I sold my other one's to Advantage years ago.

stoker2001
03-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Do you know if Cole was the one that built that deck or did they copy some one? .Dont know a thing about Cole boats:confused:

Cobra1racer
03-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Ok thanks.

Rocket
03-26-2007, 08:39 AM
:D no photo chop,disregard that the hydr has not popped the tail yet http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/Pro_Mod_Hydro_race.JPG

GEt-ER-Done!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I saw you in Dragboatreview!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice Work last year!!! Hope to see you this year!!! ;)

BrentShaw
03-29-2007, 06:35 AM
That is one awesome picture! They scare the heck out of ya when they go by dont they!

stoker2001
03-29-2007, 07:05 PM
That is one awesome picture! They scare the heck out of ya when they go by dont they!You just pray they stay in there own lane:D

Ricky_083
03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Cobra

I don't think you know but Stoker2001 is NOT Al, his name is Kevin Kraft, that his Mirage in the first picture, FYI

Rick

Cobra1racer
03-29-2007, 11:02 PM
You are correct, I was miss informed. My bad. Racer it is. Any way how many outboards will be coming to Firebird next month??

mendo
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Thats a Pro mod seven second index,ditto on the backing up:D :D

Are you running 7 seconds with that boat!!

Rocket
03-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Are you running 7 seconds with that boat!!

If he was,,, That would be one bad Merc!!!! :eek: :D ;)

No Mendo,,,,, He's running in what is known as "Second Chance" !! AT IHBA & SDBA racing,, If you loose first round on Sunday,, you can buy back in to "Second Chance" and race anything from a Pro-mod (7 second boat) to a Jet ski!!! The lights are stagared to a 1000th of a second,, so the slow boat goes green, then the Faster boat goes Green!!! Just like Car Drags!!! The winner get's the 80% of the Pot and 2nd place gets 20%!!! The pot at SDBA can be in the $1200.00 range!!!!

You should come race sometime with us!!!!:)

stoker2001
03-31-2007, 10:50 PM
You are correct, I was miss informed. My bad. Racer it is. Any way how many outboards will be coming to Firebird next month??At least three maybe more as Ken SHaw from Vegas area usually brings his 2001XR Aly and his STV in our M/E class,then there is Greg Kinietz (GGOSLOW) with his ARMED FORCES SPecial that will run 11s or 10s this year

Cobra1racer
04-01-2007, 12:18 AM
As I recall the season opener has a lack luster showing. The last race of the season has a full field. But a small show is better than no show. What kind of things do they look for when teching a boat. If you run a boat with full interior does it all have to lashed down or loose pieces taken out, which is a DUH. But things like storage areas and the doors for these areas. Can you run with a snap on cover if you have an open bow, or just to cover the cockpit around the driver area? It's something that I would like to try out. I've done alot of road racing, some of it through the area that the boats use for the pits. I didn't care for racing at Firebird, that drag stip was nasty long and nasty slick coming around the tower. I will be going to pick some brains, you might want to hide.

stoker2001
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
cobra1,go to ihbaracing.com for all concerns or contact them by phone,they highly welcome all newcomers

Cobra1racer
04-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Will do and I will be talking to them at the race. 1/4 mile is going to be different for me. Yes a rolling start but no warm up laps to get the tires hot, and red lights.

stoker2001
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Myself i get to the track about 6:30am and put on a "load test wheel"then proceed to the inramp or outramp and run mine at 2500 to 3500 rpm for at least 5 or 10 minutes.My merc has NIC cylinders,so i dont have to worry much about cold siezing,my warmup does timeout the ECU cold start which can cause a bad bog off line. Others with whackers run them on a hose. the ramp personnel will give you a one or two minute warmup on inramp.hope to see you out there

Sam Baker
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
They also ran a "Gambler" class in Augusta. Which is like second chance but anybody can race. I think between qualifying, eliminations (I won the first two so I didn't get to go into second chance) and Gambler, I made 10 passes that weekend. It was a BLAST. I got hooked up with a 9 second hydro (with my 12 second Allison). So, 3 seconds after I started, it felt like I was at half track when all of a sudden I hear this ungodly sound. He went by me right at the finish line. I beat him, but I broke out. There was no way I was going to let him get there first! I wanted that stock Evinrude on my Allison to be ahead of that big block all the way down the 1/4 mile. Now, at 1330 feet, it was a different story, but I had him for 1320 and a few inches.

Rocket
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
There was no way I was going to let him get there first! I wanted that stock Evinrude on my Allison to be ahead of that big block all the way down the 1/4 mile. Now, at 1330 feet, it was a different story, but I had him for 1320 and a few inches.

:D Been there, Done that,,,, many times sam!!! :D

I've had Big blocks come up and ask me at the take out rope,,, "What in the hell do you have in that Motor?"... I just laugh and say,, "A STOCK 2.5 liter six cylinder, 300hp Fish'n motor!!!" :D :D :D

But,, Ya' know what? it's ALWAYS worth the loss,, to show dem Big Blocks that CLAMP-On's are NOT to be taken for granted!!!!!! ;)