PDA

View Full Version : Brief SLDBA News

Sam Baker
01-31-2007, 09:00 PM
I am waiting for the final download of info from the St. Louis Drag Boat Association annual meeting, but I do know that they added a new site in Litchfield, IL so that will reduce the number of long drive points races to one at the most (was two last year). They do have the dual lane timing system this year, so River Racer is going to be a combined class of 12.00-15.99 seconds. For those of you who haven't tried that, give it a shot....it's an absolute blast.

I'll post the info up on the site as soon as I have it.

Thanks.

Sam

Baja18
02-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey Sam, how's your new project coming? A couple other things to bring up from the meeting...........
*Any open boat running 11.99 or faster, the driver must wear ballistic shorts
*Helmet restraints must be worn as well....(three point for open face, four point for full)
*A bilge pump in all boats
Those are the three major rule changes for '07.......oh and if your boat is red/yellow means an automatic win :D .............Brad

M.CHAPMAN
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Brad,
Thanks for posting the rule on the shorts. If I can make St. Louis this year I'll need to get a pair. IHBA has not required them yet to my knowledge.
-Michael

Fl Boy in ILL
02-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Guys when buying these shorts there are several places to get them, Lifeline, Security, Diest. The prices vary a bunch, Lifeline ~$170, Security ~$130, and Diest ~$75 so look before you spend.

Also don't overlook the bilge pump rule!!!!!!!

Rick

Baja18
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Your welcome Michael thats one rule I dont mind, I just never really thought about it...........protects some "tender" areas :eek: ...........Brad

M.CHAPMAN
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I hear what ya sayin man!!!! I suppose if the worst were to happen and I'd get tossed out of that little hole I sit in in my boat I'd want the protection. It's a good idea.

Rick, thanks for the tips on the pricing.

Ray Neudecker
02-25-2007, 09:40 AM
My understanding is the rule will apply to IHBA also Micheal.

stoker2001
02-25-2007, 09:53 AM
read here http://www.ihbaracing.com/press.html

M.CHAPMAN
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM
My understanding is the rule will apply to IHBA also Micheal.

Thank Ray,
I need to check this years rules, last year they surprised us with some but let us slide with the minor ones.
-Michael

TACO
03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Filled out and send in memebership forms and got the boat in the garage. Hope to be at the May 19th date. TACO

Sam Baker
04-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Awesome. You looked like you had a tear in your eye when you were having to watch all of us go out and have a good time when you were in St. Louis. I hope I have everything together and can make it down too. Got PLENTY of work to do. New boat, new motor, all kinds of new parts, yada yada yada...

KG4
04-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi Sam,How much water time do the bracket classes get before the racing starts?Is their enough time to get at least 3 runs to get a good base on your dial in?Thanks

Fl Boy in ILL
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Bob

Each class goes in the water by themselves, you make one run and come out of the water, so 1 run and out, then the next class goes in, that gives you a chance to look at your reaction time (which is a HUGE part of bracket racing) and what your ET was, then you can make changes, adjustments, add or remove weight and get ready for the next qualifing attempt. We normally get 3-4 qualifing attempts depending on the boat count. I hope this answers your question, if not I'd be glad to talk to ya on the phone to explain the process.

Rick

KG4
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks Rick.I see how its done now.Much appreciated.