PDA

View Full Version : KDBA Final

Fl Boy in ILL
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
The last race of the year will be this weekend in Livermore, Ky. They are setting up an additional timer to give us Smokin in the Cove folks a 1000' time to help with that race. KDBA is putting a big effort into the extra timer so if you interested about going to malvern then come get dialed in and play with us in Ky. The normal 1320' course will the the real race but an addition sensor to give time 1000' times will be set up.

Thee are a few Scream and Fly folks that could be running for High Points this weekend, Jim Dunn, Jeff Young, Barry Salsman, Brad Murphy. Dave Ellison, Llyod Burns, Scott Buchanon, and myself. Hope to see ya there.

Rick

Baja18
08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
In addition to what Rick said, there is a one time member fee of $50 plus your entry fee (13 & 12 sec. is $150.....11,10 & 9 sec. is $170). This race has a pretty decent pay out. It's about 15-20 miles south of Owensboro on 431. Come on out get dialed in for Smokin in the Cove and enjoy some good racing at the same time!!!!! If you have any questions give me a call, 773-677-7376...............Brad.

Baja18
08-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Rick is the 2006 KDBA High Points Champion in ME (10 sec.) He did very well this weekend......lost in the semi finals but ran some really good numbers all weekend. Jeff Young took High points for TE (9 sec.), Dave Ellison took SE (11 sec.), Miss Suzy took RR 1 (12 sec.) Scott Buchanan took RR 2 (13 sec.)....ALL OUTBOARDS!!!!......congrats to all, it was a fun season........Brad.

BrentShaw
08-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Brad, congrats to you and Rick both for having a great year in KDBA as well as SLDBA, you guys have been good all year and its a pleasure to race with you guys! See you in New Athens in 2 weeks for the season finall. Is the 10sec. class going to be fun to watch or what?!!!

see ya
Brent

scottybuck11
08-28-2006, 04:13 PM
are they having a 10 sec class???????

Fl Boy in ILL
08-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Scotty
Brent is talking about St Louis Drag Boat final race, there are 4 of us less than 100 points apart.

Congrats to all, Scotty in the 13's, Miss Suzy in the 12's, Dave in 11's, Brad for runner up in 11's, (me in the 10's)Jeff Young in 9's. All outboard High Points Champs in KDBA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats also to Joey Bishop from Arab, Al. driving for Kenny Phillips man you are doing great, 3 races 3 wins in 2 different classes driving 2 different boats, better look out for Joey next year!!! Joey won the 12 sec class this weekend. Jim Dunn congrats on your win in the 9 sec class this weekend

No 10 sec at Smokin in the Cove, sorry.

Special thanks to my motor men, Pops and Beaver same powerhead 2 full seasons and still running strong

Rick

luv4h2o
08-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words Rick, and congrats on the points championship. You raced for every point. I could make a list a mile long of people I've had the chance to meet over the last couple of months. The bottom line is simple. Each and every person associated with the KDBA are some of greatest groups of people I've had the chance to be around. Too bad it's the end of the season.

We need to promote and grow this club each and every year. Invite, push, pull, and drag every person we can to the events. They have 2 great places for the races, and we need to preserve these locations we are so fortunate to have.

I look forward to seeing you all in Malvern. We are putting forth every effort to run the 8 and 9 sec. classes.

Joey

Baja18JR
09-01-2006, 12:15 PM
congrats rick on high points, see u at the next race
joe