PDA

View Full Version : RE: Kankakee

pbxcomm
08-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Hello all,

I have been planning a trip this year to Kankakee, might be my 15th year attending as a fan (one year/one race as a driver).
Last year the pits were closed to fans, I was temporaily let in though, but left after most teams realized I was not a racer.
Back in the day, (I ran one race in MOD-VP) in the Rusty Campbell era (I hope I spelled his name correctly), limited fans were welcome in the pits and Mr. Campbell allowed one of my sons to sit in his MOD-VP,,, what a thrill. My son was about 12 and now he is 24 and still remebers like it was yesturday.
I know about liability and fans were interfering with launching and pulling boats from the water. It is, however, I feel, important that fans remain part of the action in the pits if interested, after all look what it did for NASCAR

Would anyone know if pits will be closed once again this year? If so, would there be exceptions, as I would be very interested in milling around the pits with my four sons as we have the last decade.

Thanks so much in advance.

M.D.

spn#43
08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
If I have any extra passes I’ll be glad to let you use them.
Page ;)

Gordie Miller
08-13-2006, 08:23 AM
847-830-8061. I can help.

pbxcomm
08-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Thank you Mr. Miller for your reply.

It appears by the area code you are near my place of residence.

I will call you ASAP, as I will be out of town a few days.

Thanks once again,
- Marc

Gordie Miller
08-14-2006, 05:38 PM
in Round Lake Beach.

Crab Claw
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Pits will be closed to all non racers and pit crew! The Region 7 police force will be on guard for non racers and non pit crew members atempting to enter the restricted pit area. Anyone asking questions about entering the pit area will be reported to the region 7 police. You will then be strip searched for contraban. Please do not attempt to ask about joining APBA or the Greats Lake Boat Club this will not help in getting into the RESRTICTED PIT AREA!
Crab Claw

Gordie Miller
08-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Holy smokes CC, that's bad news! But.........how is that possible, how shall we ever race? You can call me too CC, I'm sure it will be tough but I may be able to help you get in as well.

pbxcomm
08-29-2006, 10:31 PM
To SPN #43,

I would be most appreciative if in the event you have extra passes you could pass my way.

I had no idea pit passes were so difficult to come by. I apologize to all for the inconvenience.

Perhaps we'll consider the expense (fuel, motel ect.) and ultimately decide if its worth the trip this year.

Thanks again to all.
Regards/Marc

spn#43
08-30-2006, 07:18 AM
To SPN #43,

I would be most appreciative if in the event you have extra passes you could pass my way.

I had no idea pit passes were so difficult to come by. I apologize to all for the inconvenience.

Perhaps we'll consider the expense (fuel, motel ect.) and ultimately decide if its worth the trip this year.

Thanks again to all.
Regards/Marc

Sorry but I’m not gonna go to Kankakee this year.
Best of luck
Page