PDA

View Full Version : Lake Bryan Nationals

Rocket
08-09-2006, 02:08 PM
SDBA heads off to it's last race this season in Bryan TX for the "Lake Bryan Nationals" Aug.26th & 27th! For more info please visit www.sdbaracaing.com

This race along with footage of the Ft. Worth race will air on Fox Sports Oct.22nd @ 8:00am!!!

This race also will have the 1000' timing lights up in support of the SITC race in Malvern AR.

Costa
08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Rocket,
Not going to Marble Falls? I heard SDBA and IHBA are in some kind of power struggle? Was up with that? Cant they be friends for the good of the sport? Or am I missing something? Oh well I'll just have to buy one of your tee's at Bryan. Missed you at Waco cause of the hurried schedule ya'll were in on Sunday.

Rocket
08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Rocket,
Not going to Marble Falls? I heard SDBA and IHBA are in some kind of power struggle? Was up with that? Cant they be friends for the good of the sport? Or am I missing something? Oh well I'll just have to buy one of your tee's at Bryan. Missed you at Waco cause of the hurried schedule ya'll were in on Sunday.

Costa,, Without getting the whole world stirred up about it,,, I'll try to explain it in a few short words........ IHBA is a Company owned by one man! and SDBA is CLUB ownend and operated by it's members! That in it's self starts the problem! :o

So far as the Marble Falls race goes,,,,, Marble Falls is a GREAT city, with GREAT Fans,, and has great venue for Drag Boat racing,,, For more info come by my pit in Bryan and I'll tell you the rest! :D

Sorry we missed each other in WACO.,,,, But Bryan is one fantastic race site, for both racers and Spectators! Bring yourself an EZUP and a cooler and have a great time!!!;)

Costa
08-10-2006, 03:00 PM
I will be at both races. Sorry you wont be at Marble Falls but I understand you gotta do what you gotta do.:( I'll have to go to both races. My wife keeps saying something about "cant get enough".:)
It was great when races were both SDBA & IHBA joint venues but with the two organizations split up it cant be doing the sport of drag boat racing any good. See ya at Bryan:D

Rocket
08-11-2006, 07:35 AM
I will be at both races. Sorry you wont be at Marble Falls but I understand you gotta do what you gotta do.:( I'll have to go to both races. My wife keeps saying something about "cant get enough".:)
It was great when races were both SDBA & IHBA joint venues but with the two organizations split up it cant be doing the sport of drag boat racing any good. See ya at Bryan:D

Costa,, Have fun in MF! :D We will miss it! :(

The desision to NOT co-points with IHBA this year came from the Winter Banquet when more than 350 members of SDBA were there,,,, And the vote was 3-1 to NOT Co-points with IHBA at all this year! :cool:

SDBA's Boat count does not seem to be hurt by the memberships decision! 197 Boats in OKC, 123 in Ft. Worth, over a 100 in Brady, 120 @ both Waco races!

Last year in MF there were over 85 boats out of the 140 that raced,,,, that were SDBA boats! :eek:

Maybe This Winter IHBA will decide to Work things out with the SDBA membership! ;)

Costa
08-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Last year in MF there were over 85 boats out of the 140 that raced,,,, that were SDBA boats! :eek:

Ouch!! Thats gonna hurt. I'll say that might cange IHBA's view of things:D

See Ya'lll at Bryan!!!

Rocket
08-12-2006, 11:21 AM

Ouch!! Thats gonna hurt. I'll say that might cange IHBA's view of things:D

See Ya'lll at Bryan!!!

I just read on the net that there is only something like 63 boats in the pits today......... And I know at least a Dozen or more of those are :D SDBA boats! :eek:

I'm sure more boats might roll in yet today,,, but not 80 more.......

Please come say hey in Bryan,, We will either be on a Black jacket up Golf cart with #333 on the side,, or in the "Sweet & Sassy" pit Getting ready to open a can of "Woop-A$$" on some Big Blocks!!! :D :D

The pit's in Bryan are BIG but you have to walk thru them to get to the race track,,,I'm sure you'll find us! :rolleyes: There's only one #333, and only one Red & White Clamp-on named "Sweet & Sassy" at SDBA!!!!!!

Costa
08-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Well you dint miss much at Marble Falls!! Wind blew its a$$ off all day Sunday.:( Saturday was not as bad as Sunday.
That count of 63 boats was damn close. As you know in years past the pits and the baseball field have been packed with boats, this year the pits were only 2/3 to 3/4 full.:eek:
Get a extra big can of that "Woop A$$". Hey "It aint how bit it is -it's how well you use it" :D Show those big blocks what a clamp on is all about!!
I will definately look ya up in Bryan. :cool:

Rocket
08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Costa,,, Extra BIG Can of JSRE Woop Ass is Brewing as we speak! :D :D :D

Rocket
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Welll the photos aint up yet,, but here's a little info........

SDBA had 109 boats show in Bryan to the Nationals!!!!:cool:

Outboard count was "8"
Denise Hodges (RR)
Donnie Lott (RR) finished 3rd
Jeff Gullett (RR)
Tony Denton (RR)
Bill (FlyingButcher) Mason (RR)

Allen Wisconski (sp) in (S/E)

Mike Schovanec (and Jim Brinkley) in (M/E)

Travis Tuttles (new toy) in (T/E)

Did I forget anybody????????? :o

the only outboard that made it to the Finals was the "FlyingButcher" with a respecfull "Runner up" in River Racer!!!!!!!!!!!:D GREAT JOB BILL!!!!!

Our new JSRE power head was running the 0's but my quick foot put us out second round on Sunday with a .017 "Red-Eye"! :eek: (We ended up 3rd in the points for the season!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of our sponsors and friends,,, We couldn'tn have done it without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

There were 3 TFH's and 4 TAH's and 6 or 8 TAF's plus a ton of PM'ds,, and the rest of the GREAT bracket boats that made the show!!!

We got 4 rounds in on Saterday and ran a full show plus Second chance on Sunday!!!!!!!! Thanks to all the SDBA volinteers!!!!!!!!!;)

I'll get some photos up ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Rocket
08-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Photos are up at www.dragboatphoto.com :D

http://photos.imageevent.com/ekimzark/sdbalbdn06/websize/IMG_2120%20copy.jpg

Baja18
08-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Congrats Mike on the third in High Points!!!!!! M/E is one of the toughest classes out there........great job. See you at SITC.........Brad.

Costa
08-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Rocket, It was great getting to meet you up in Bryan. :)
That has got to be one of the best race sites I have ever been to. It was the first time I have gone home on Sunday and my feet didnt hurt from walking back and forth from the pits to the spectator area!! You did a great job on Sunday and you needed to cut a good light for the win. As baja18 said M/E IS one of the toughest and most competetive classes out there! God willing i'll see ya at the races again next year.

Rocket
08-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks Baja and Costa!!!!!!!!!:D

Heres a few photos of the "ClampOn's" in Bryan!!!!!!

#1 the Owner and Driver of Sassy in the Pits!!!!;)
#2 Then the Clamp on Boys!!!
#3 Tow Ho's and Drivers!!!!!