PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Rick Conklin

M.CHAPMAN
07-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Congrats Rick on your win in Gadsden. I knew you would be the one to beat. Good job. I hate we couldn't make it over there. Keep up the good work.
-Michael

props4u2
07-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Way to go Rick!!!!!

Lee

Michael Dixon
07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Congratulations Rick. Are you going to the Rumble this year???

THE FAST ONE
07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">HEY RICK,WAY TO GET HER DONE,LARGE FIELD IN M.E. TO WORK THROUGH.CAME VERY CLOSE TO MAKING IT THERE.STILL WISHED I HAD MADE IT.LIKE US COCKS SAY,WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR,SEE YA --ED:D </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JTS Racing
07-31-2006, 07:09 AM
Congrat's Rick!

See ya this weekend.

Jeff

Tony Brucato
07-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Awesome!

yellowallison
07-31-2006, 08:07 AM
CONGRADS RICK!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Call and tell me the details!!

Balzy
07-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Way to go Rick. Congrats !!!!!!!!

Baja18
07-31-2006, 10:50 AM
He did awsome this weekend!!!! He was really on his game with good lights and ET's. He qualified third and had some really tough compition on Sunday but kept putting them on the trailer!!!! Good job buddy............Brad.

JTS Racing
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
How did ya'll and the rest do?

Baja18
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey Jeff, I qualified 5th with a .022 and made it to the semi finals before being put out, so I got a 3rd. But at least made some good rounds to get some good points and had alot of fun. Very tough compitition this weekend.....Brad.

Rocket
07-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Excellent Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Good for you!

I Hope there are many more in your Pit this season (except SITC :D )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket
07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Hey Jeff, I qualified 5th with a .022 and made it to the semi finals before being put out, so I got a 3rd. But at least made some good rounds to get some good points and had alot of fun. Very tough compitition this weekend.....Brad.

Way to Go Brad! Keep it up!;)

What kind of boat count did ya'll have in your class's????

THE FAST ONE
07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">HEY ROCKET,IT WAS LIKE 17 OR 18 IN M.E. NEARLY AS MANY IN S.E.GOOD TURN OUT FOR SURE.---ED</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

stoker2001
07-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Congrats Rick!!!!love hearing the wackers wak the bigblocks,any chance you would come race with us at Pheonix IHBA world finals at Firebird this November?The WFs are for all divisions of IHBA to get points.I gotta ask,on dragboatracing.com they listed one of your qualifing speeds on Saturday at 110mph at the 1/8,is this a typo or are you spraying it?:eek:

Fl Boy in ILL
07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks to all, I was running very well this weekend with consistancy. My lights got better for the most part and I got them when I needed them. Lloyd Burns and i ran in the Semi's and ran identical 10.076 I just got him on the light. My boat ran 0's all weekend except in the finals, I was very LUCKY that I had a great light, the wind was gusting straight down the track and it is the closest I've ever been to BLOWING over, I could not run full throttle after 1/2 track because it just kept lifting. There had already been 1 blowover and for that little $$ I won't risk my life or equipment

I saw my time slip with 110 in the 1/8???? I am not spraying and I think it is in error, it normally runs ~100 but I did have another that was 104 I think??? I really only pay attention to the end result and the reaction time.

The top 3 qualifiers in M/E were outboards, the last 3 boats left for the semi finals ALL OUTBOARDS, the same top 3 qualifiers. The whole field was very tough.

I really have to thank my friends and engine men, Pops and Beaver without the care in prepping my engine I couldn't accomplish what I am doing, I have to thank the Murphy's Brad and Kim for their help both on and off the track, my owner/sponser is my wife what a great woman for letting me spend the time and $$$ to do this crazy sport of racing.

I hope we can back up what we've done in the next few weeks as we are chasing High Points in 2 seperate associations, SLDBA and KDBA. I can't make Phoenix world finals due to my work, you guys give the BB's hell.

M Dixon, yep going to the Rumble but leaving the raceboat home, got races the next couple weeks after and can't afford to waste a P/H playing, the play P/H is still at Rucks.

Ray Neudecker
07-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Congrats again Rick. Also Congrats to the winner of River racer Flip Lewis driving an Allison Bass Boat and Joey Bishop driving an Allison River Racer. The big blocks noticed the outboards were there.

steve
07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Nice Job Rick! Way to go!!:D

stoker2001
07-31-2006, 07:54 PM
I saw my time slip with 110 in the 1/8???? I am not spraying and I think it is in error, it normally runs ~100 but I did have another that was 104 I think??? I really only pay attention to the end result and the reaction time.

and Kim for their help both on and off the track, my owner/sponser is my wife what a great woman for letting me spend the time and $$$ to do this crazy sport of racing.

.I just noticed you ran 96mph at 1/8 mile in the finals,and that is where the #561 mirage usually runs with 100mph in the 1/8 my best.I hear you with the end result and reaction time.In IHBA division 1 M/E we are leading points chase after four races and i have to pinch myself from time to time.All of it would not be possible without my only sponser and pit crew/truckdriver the wife

Waterdigger
08-01-2006, 12:26 PM
You da man Rick, Congrats!!!:)

mike

luv4h2o
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Hey Rick,
To look back on it now, I wonder why we loaned you Richard to drive the truck? Just kidding! We had a great time in Gadsden. We'll see you in Ky this weekend. Terry and Kenny are putting the motor back together tomorrow. Looks like we'll bring two boats...

Joey Bishop

Fl Boy in ILL
08-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Joey

My hats off to you, to go through the field in S/E driving an Ally in your 1st race and to take the win is very impressive. Man you guys did great, you are dealing with some 1st class folks Kenny Phillips and his gang. I'm glad to hear that you'll have the motor back together and be in Ky this weekend its a great place to run.

I do appreciate Rich helping with the truck duties in Gadsden its tough going 700 miles by yourself and needing a driver to put you in the water. This win has really helped me in the points.

See you this weekend.