PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Name Or Who's Your Daddy

oldschoolltv
03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
With so many people on here I think there are a lot of us who dont even know we know each other since we use screen names, for a long time i didnt know Jim Hunt was olegator, so if you want post your name, time period of racing or who your father was. mine is Matt Osborn time period was 1960-80"s father was Mike I raced midget class in the early 80's

Just curious as to how many names will ring a bell in my head:D

Hot Shot Merc
03-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi Matt.My name is Richard Head but you can call me Dick;)

oldschoolltv
03-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Are you related to Richard Whiskey:D

AlaskaStreamin
03-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I list my real name in my signature. What an idea. :)
My dad's name is Tom but my mom (Pat) says it could be Gordy (the milk man).

Ziemer
03-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Mine (at least the last name) is my screen name. ;) First name's Jeff. My dad's on here too and he did race back in the 70's around the Houston, TX area. Mostly roundy-sround stuff in a Hydrostream Vector. :cool:

He and Jim (Olegator) actually talked awhile at one of the last RBR's and they knew a bunch of the same people.:)

2us70
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Jim Bolger. 60s and 70s. Mostly SE & SD with a few G & J Class rides along the way.

Joe
03-09-2006, 06:58 PM
This caught my eye. I had no idea there was more that one Ziemer family involved in boat racing. My wfe's name is also Ziemer, both she and her dad are (were ) kneeler racers.

Joe Johnson, Roger was my dad, he raced from 1960 till he passed away in 1990, always ran OPC.

Joe

Mine (at least the last name) is my screen name. ;) First name's Jeff. My dad's on here too and he did race back in the 70's around the Houston, TX area. Mostly roundy-sround stuff in a Hydrostream Vector. :cool:

He and Jim (Olegator) actually talked awhile at one of the last RBR's and they knew a bunch of the same people.:)

Ziemer
03-10-2006, 02:06 PM
My wfe's name is also Ziemer

How funny is that. I need to alert my dad to this thread. I don't think he visits this catagory much.

Don't know if you're a Harley fan or not, but the current CEO of Harley Davidson is a Ziemer. ;)

specboatops
03-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Chris Felthersnatch...

chris98
03-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Chris Heath. Raced stock outboards in the late 70's & early 80's mostly in NY and Canada. Now running OPC, SST 60, on the APR circuit

Starflite
04-09-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm Pam Goode. My dad was Wilbur McDonald.

Jeff_G
04-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi, Matt. I remember your family and you racing. I used to bring Paul Myzek to the races and he raced aganist you, Kim Jergensen, the Neeley girl and the Titus's in Midget. His dad was Skip Gillam. I started racing in the mid 70's in Miami and raced JP, SE, Formula V, 145 hydro, and JSS. I used to be the test dummy for a 280 hydro, but never raced it. Raced until last year (Formula V) when we ran out of races. Jeff Grigg

PARKER RABE
04-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Parker Rabe And My Dad Was Randy Rabe World Champion Offshore Racer 1971 To 84

PARKER RABE
04-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Ron Jones

PARKER RABE
04-09-2006, 08:32 PM
thanks to him we have the hammer down gallries !

Thundering Herd
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi, Matt. I remember your family and you racing. I used to bring Paul Myzek to the races and he raced aganist you, Kim Jergensen, the Neeley girl and the Titus's in Midget. His dad was Skip Gillam. I started racing in the mid 70's in Miami and raced JP, SE, Formula V, 145 hydro, and JSS. I used to be the test dummy for a 280 hydro, but never raced it. Raced until last year (Formula V) when we ran out of races. Jeff Grigg

My name is Chris Oliver. I raced midgets in the early '80's against all of them (and MAtt O) to. I had the Black and yellow runabout and then painted it light blue. I haven't raced since then but I still keep an eye on it. My dad is still working for Evinrude at the Factory in Waukegan. I am a career Army officer and just don't have the time or stay in one palce long enough. Maybe when I retire in a couple of years I may start again.

Climb to Glory

Back To Havasu
04-20-2006, 08:52 PM
My name is Mike Adamson, and I currently live in California, but am relocating to Georgia. I raced Merc stock outboards in Western Outboard Association races, and ones at Pacific Lagoon in Long Beach from 1958=61. We first raced Mercs on Yellowjacket hulls, and then for the Brendella factory team.

oldschoolltv
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I was just checking old threads and came back across this, I have some old photos of my midget boat somewhere, I always wondered if any of the people i raced with were on here and how they were doing, Neely's, Jernegan, Ronny and Mark Titus, Chris I think I remember your boat as well, post any pics if you got them Matt

Thundering Herd
04-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I will try and find photos this weekend and scan them in.

Another small world story, one of the other officers in the brigade is from Auburndale and his geometry teacher at Auberdale High was Jerry Neely.

oldschoolltv
04-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Where are you stationed? that is pretty cool, Matt

Thundering Herd
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Fort Drum, New York. Not a bad place. I like living here better than Fort Bragg. Next duty station we are trying for is Hawaii.

brichter
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
My name is Bill Richter. My father raced B runabout in the 50s and OPC every year from 1973 to 1992 (UI, Mod 90, Mod 100, Mod UJ, Formula 100 and mini Gran Prix). Other than the mini, he ran only OMC V4s. I Pit crewed and worked on the boat and motor between races.

Dad worked for OMC engineering from 1967-1972, I worked there from 1987-1990 at Stern Drive and at the Lakefront from 1994-2000, the last day that they called it OMC.

Here are 3 of the 6 boats he ran.....

brichter
04-13-2007, 01:37 PM
My name is Chris Oliver. .......My dad is still working for Evinrude at the Factory in Waukegan.

Climb to Glory
Chris, is your dad's name Jerry???

Fish
04-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Dad is Jack Staples, raced in late 60's and early 70's, SK, then J, then U class in a checkmate, then molonari, and finally in a hubercotti. Nat'l champ in 1973, leading big in the 1974 nat'l championship at eufala when he had a bad accident (worse than the dozens of others), and mom stepped in...:(

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/scan0001f3.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/scan0001a1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/scan0016a.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/hubercotti105.jpg

oldschoolltv, this is a great thread, glad you brought it back up. here is another thread where you can find some additional "whats your name, whose your daddy" stuff too.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100728&highlight=hubercotti

Thundering Herd
04-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Chris, is your dad's name Jerry???

Sure is. I was going to call him and ask him if he knew you. He is working at 100 Sea Horse Drive for BRP. He does all the emissions testing.

SonOfLegend84
04-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey Matt.. How are things in Winter Haven? My mother still lives there. I was there 2 years ago working at Marine Supply. Found my way back to Texas. The name is Tim Thibodaux and dad is Gene.

Bob V
04-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Great pictures of Jack.

Sure brings back some memories...

brichter
04-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Sure is. I was going to call him and ask him if he knew you. He is working at 100 Sea Horse Drive for BRP. He does all the emissions testing.
Your dad and I worked on the Turbojets when he was in FL and when he came up to IL we worked in the same Tech group. Good to hear he is back there...last time we talked he was going up to MN...He is a great guy, Give him my best.

oldschoolltv
04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
It is neat to see all the names, from way back, I have always fiqured many of the people on here grew up in boat racing and will pass it on to there kids as well, I have a 2 1/2 year old and he is ate up with boats and motorcycles already, the need for speed will never leave you once you got it, Matt

Tim I never met your dad but I was good friends with Dan Harben when he worked at second effort and he was always talking about Your dad Gene

PARKER RABE
04-16-2007, 08:16 AM
guys get ready the slides are being scanned by greg 22.000 of them .....were doing a little at a time ! and you will start to see them soon ! it will be the biggest and best pictures ever to hit screamandfly, for all history guys !

oldschoolltv
04-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Parker cant wait should be some nice ones, Matt

Fish
04-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Great pictures of Jack.

Sure brings back some memories...

I bet it does Bob ;) How about this one for a trip down memory lane, recognize the driver?:)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/Dadsmolonari2a.jpg

Bob V
04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I bet it does Bob ;) How about this one for a trip down memory lane, recognize the driver?:)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/makulaf/Dadsmolonari2a.jpg

Yes...That one brings back some great memories as well. I had forgotten how nice that boat was. Thanks

Fish
04-18-2007, 07:02 PM
sure thing Bob, and thanks for loaning me the pictures. Again, I am really sorry it took me so long to get them back to you.

fish

bigbore
04-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Chris Felthersnatch...
Looser than a goosetail er trim n ready?:cool: :D :cool: :cool:

r c tunnel
06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
My name is Tony Atwell me and my brother grew up with boat racing thru my dad Wilmer Atwell he is the past comador of the Jacksonville out board club and ex racer from the early 60s late 50s we had some of the greatest drivers race with us such as Danny Chritchfield Noah laquear? Jim Hunt Danny britt Larry Munford Terry Frahs Ken Olson I could make a list a mile long.

PocoLoco 153
08-07-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm Dick Roberts. I just discovered Scream and Fly tonight :-)
I raced KMs and OPC in the 70s . I started with Stackers , Twisters , T2s T3s . I was Mod 120 and Mod U National national champion , Mod 120 High point champion , Second in Mod U 1976.

I raced out of Albuquerque NM .

Ronster43
02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow!...Matt Osborne! Hi. What's it been, 25+ years? Ron Titus here. I'm kinda late to this thread, but maybe you still check it. We are all still living in Florida. Parents (Jeff and Sally) still officiate on the APR series.

oldschoolltv
02-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Damn, I wondered If yall were still around, I still tell the story of the lake alfred marathon where you forgot your prop and had to borrow one then you took lunch with you in the boat, You will have to make it to one of the runs so we could catch up on old times, I show my dad some of the old pictures on here every once in awhile, hell I even still have all my old props from midget class, Matt

Mmorris
03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
My name is Mike Adamson, and I currently live in California, but am relocating to Georgia. I raced Merc stock outboards in Western Outboard Association races, and ones at Pacific Lagoon in Long Beach from 1958=61. We first raced Mercs on Yellowjacket hulls, and then for the Brendella factory team.

I realize you post was years ago but thought that you may still be on the forum or others that may have known my Dad. He too raced with the WOA and was later on the McCullough Team. He raced Havasu and many more. He race with Jack Oxley, Danny Sneed and Bob Kies His name was Bill Padgett. Was the Pacific Lagoon the placed they called the puddle? I was sure I would grow up to be a trophy girl, LOL Marjorie Morris,

Mark75H
03-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Marjorie, do you have any pictures of your dad racing?

Mmorris
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I may have some, I'll look. I know that the team ran with Scott Outboards. Dad started in the LA area in 1957 in a V bottom that he built and a single engine Scott. He raced in Long Beach and also racing at that time was Roy Rogers, I remember not understanding how RR could race and then be on TV that night. I was 6 years. I believe that Dad raced until 1963 or so. In 1962 we moved to Boulder City Nevada where dad ran Lake Mead Marina for the McCullough Corp. He may have raced the Havasu 500 for the last time in '64-'65. It was in that time that the team went to triple Scotts. I do remember the day that Dan Sneed's boat denigrated with the largest piece left being 3ft. He was fine. Lost me Dad in 1973 short very short life. The racing memories are with me always..more so than most other childhood moments. I'll post pictures when I find them. Marjorie

jesscbella
03-05-2008, 12:40 PM
If we're speaking literally here ... I'm Jessica Colabella, youngest daughter of Craig Colabella. Nice to meet you! :p

daleykid
05-04-2008, 12:38 PM
My names Russell Daley my dad is Brian Daley a formula 1 and mod u driver form the 80's and earlie 90's my uncle also race Dennis Daley as well as my grandpa Mickey Daley oh almost forgot my brother raced j stock runabouts when he was little Joshua Daley..

mike farmer
06-15-2008, 05:39 PM
My names Russell Daley my dad is Brian Daley a formula 1 and mod u driver form the 80's and earlie 90's my uncle also race Dennis Daley as well as my grandpa Mickey Daley oh almost forgot my brother raced j stock runabouts when he was little Joshua Daley..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is dennis and your cousin? I can't remember his name:o but he was a neat little kid [about 10] & he was willing to do anything dennis ask of him. I hope both are well. mike farmer

Li'l Toy
06-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Matt--

You bring back memories of the Midgets. I was running Sport D, D Production and E Productin in the late 70s, early 80s, and I was treasurer of South Florida Outboard Club duing that time. We put on the OPC races in the Miami Marine Stadium. I remember Midget starting--seems to me by Jeff Titus for Mark then Ron. I remember Kim in the Midget, and raced Kevin Jernigan, Mark, and many others in EP. Wasn't Kevin's Dad Jim Everett, ran a JP Allison?

I just ran into Ron on this board about a month ago. Sounds like he is becoming a soccer dad like I have been for the last 25 years. And I saw a photo in one of the River Ranch galleries of an Osborne--I had no idea that your family was still making boats recently.

I have sent PMs to a few people who sounded like they were involved at the time I was--met Jim Hunt that way, and OleGator was just before my time. Jeff Grigg was just getting started when I went into "temporary" retirement.

oldschoolltv
06-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Pat, this is why I started the thread there are so many people that grew up when boat racing was affordable and a big sport that are on here that know each other or may have played in the pits together when they were kids, I have p.m.'d Ronny a few times and hope he comes to one of the events, I remember your name and my dad does as well, dad seems to think you were friends with Fred Filo and Casey Lynn and ran v-8's, we sold all our molds and got out of the boat business 3 years ago, we had a developer who wanted the property more then us, and went soley into the honda motorcycle business that we had been doing for 26 years, good to hear from you and hope to meet you at one of the get togethers, Matt

oldschoolltv
06-22-2020, 06:58 PM
To the top 12 years later, still here, Matt