PDA

View Full Version : 24' Pantera for sale

littledcsrodshop
02-15-2006, 11:00 AM
24' Pantera Sport. Always been a freshwater boat. Completely re-done in 04. 20k worth of custom paint work. 475 HP 454. All new interior done by the factory. This boat is immaculate and extremelly slick !!!!!! $ 22,000 Anyone interested ? e-mail me at littledcsrodshop@comcast.net for more pictures or info.

littledcsrodshop
02-15-2006, 11:07 AM
A few more pics.

littledcsrodshop
02-15-2006, 11:09 AM
2 more

Terminal Velocity
02-15-2006, 11:18 AM
What year is the hull, where are you located, top speed, motor and drive age?

The more you tell, the less questions you will get!:D
TV

littledcsrodshop
02-15-2006, 11:47 AM
the hull is a 79 with a few updates not yet availible on the new boats.
such as a custom moulded dash panel, fiberglass flush mount deck hatch &
flush mount hinges , Moulded in fiberglass NACA air ducts in the side.
The motor has less than 10 hrs on it since I completely went through it last july. I put a new set of power forged pistons 9.4:1 , Gapless rings ,
all new Tri-metal race bearings , ARP wave lock rod bolts , New Hydrolic cam, lifters , springs , profesional port-work on heads, Harland Sharp 1.8:1
roller rockers , Edelbrock performer 2.0 intake with 750 cfm Holley , Brand new set of Lightning Marine headers. Ect...... The boat runs 70 on GPS with a stock 25 pitch prop. I personally feel that there is a couple more mph left in it with a little prop tunning.

littledcsrodshop
02-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah, I am located in Athens, TN

BUCKWILD
02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Is That A Alpha Outdrive Or Bravo? Is It The Original?

BUCKWILD
02-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Does The Trailer Come With It?

rchevelle71
02-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Is That A Alpha Outdrive Or Bravo? Is It The Original?

looks like a TRS to me:D

littledcsrodshop
02-16-2006, 08:18 AM
The drive is a TRS. (thanks rchevelle.) Yes the trailer is included in the price.

littledcsrodshop
02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
A couple more shots.

rchevelle71
02-17-2006, 07:46 AM
The drive is a TRS. (thanks rchevelle.) Yes the trailer is included in the price.

Beutiful boat, if I wasnt neck deep into mine, I would be all over it.

If anyone is interested, you cant go wrong, so long as the boat has been well kept, or properly restored, this design(including hulls of the same design, superboat etc.) is the best handling offshore of its size, if you need pics of our 24 raceboat(Kean) to prove this to you, I can provide them, you will not believe the water these things can handle, and survive.

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the complements ( rchevelle ) He is right about these Pantera's
You will not get a better handling , better ridding , better built roughwater
boat in its size class period ! And I also agree that the Kean University 24'
Pantera can provide plenty of pictures of what a " little fish can do in a big pond." I would encourage anyone interested to do a little reserch on Pantera boats, ask around about their build quality, and I can assure you that you will not be dissapointed. As far as the boat being well kept, It has ALWAYS been a freshwater boat, and has ALWAYS been kept indoors.
I have a few pictures of this boats condition ( In it's original gelcoat.)before I started on it. I also still have the original interior that does not have a rip or tear in it anywhere. As for it being properly restored
that is what I was born doing. I am a custom Painter, body man , fabricator by trade. All of the work with the exception of the seats was done in house here at my shop by me. The seats were done by Pantera.
Here are a couple of pictures of a Street rod that I recently finished up,
and was working on at the same time I was finishing up my Pantera. It is a 37 ford belonging to a customer of mine. The pictures were taken at the 2004 NSRA Street Rod Nationals in Lousville, KY. It was one of 25-30 cars out of 14,000+ that was indoors, It sat in PPG Paints rather large display area. The car later sold and went on to win the dream car paint award at the 2005 Goodguys Southern Nationals in Jacksonville, Fl. I know someone
may say what does that have to do with your boat ? I would say that if I
was interested in a boat that may or may not be a bit of a drive to go see
it would encouraging to me to know that all of the work was done by a reputable person. Because trust me I have seen some pretty shabby work done by " so called professionals " I can assure anyone that if they come look at this boat that you will not leave dissapointed !! Although you may be minus a little cash, and towing a really cool True offshore boat!! :D
( SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG POST. ) P.S. the pictures will be on the next post.

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Here are 2 of the Street Rod. If any of you guys keep up with cars much, or caught one of the early eppisodes of the show Rides. That is the 1200 HP Twin Turbo 1962 Chicayne, built by Troy Trepenier, from Rad Rides by Troy that you can see in the background on the lift. Later , Scott

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 08:45 AM
2 more.

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 08:45 AM
last 2

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Here are 2 shots of my 24's original condition.

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 08:52 AM
1 in progress shot.

Terminal Velocity
02-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Are you one of the guys that races the Kean U boat?

As far as Pantera, for those that don't know, I have been to their shop a few times and they are always willing to stop what they are doing and show you around. They build an excellent boat, though heavy, at least the older ones, but they are built like a tank and handle rought water great.........As the Kean boat proves ( a little bit of insanity helps)!:D

This hull was raced by Pepe Nunez back in the 70s from Miami to New York, and I think still holds the record within at least 10-20ft of it.

Beutiful boat, by the way!

littledcsrodshop
02-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Here is a shot of my tribute to my friend Pepe Nunez. It is located on the inside of the flush mount deck hatch and can be seen when the hatch is raised. When Pepe seen it he loved it and asked me if he was getting his mugshot on my 28'. If any of you has been down to the factory like (terminal velocity. ) You will understand what he said about them taking the time to show you around, and even let you roam around the shop freely, and answer any questions that you may have. You will also understand the cigar. The entire Nunez family are very helpfull with any info you may need. Thanks for the complements guys , as I put alot of myself into this boat over the 2 years I spent re-doing this boat.

rchevelle71
02-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Are you one of the guys that races the Kean U boat?

As far as Pantera, for those that don't know, I have been to their shop a few times and they are always willing to stop what they are doing and show you around. They build an excellent boat, though heavy, at least the older ones, but they are built like a tank and handle rought water great.........As the Kean boat proves ( a little bit of insanity helps)!:D

This hull was raced by Pepe Nunez back in the 70s from Miami to New York, and I think still holds the record within at least 10-20ft of it.

Beutiful boat, by the way!

Yes,

I raced it in Marathon 2005 as a favor for Scott, I usually just wrench on the boat, and trailer it around, but Scott had another engagement for the Sponsor(AMF offshore), and he asked me to go run it. Well, I am not quite as insane as Scott, so I took it easy, and brought it home in 1 piece(after fixing the Hydraulic steering that let go during practice as I was running WFo thru the 7 mile bridge:D ).

rchevelle71
02-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Here is a shot of my tribute to my friend Pepe Nunez. It is located on the inside of the flush mount deck hatch and can be seen when the hatch is raised. When Pepe seen it he loved it and asked me if he was getting his mugshot on my 28'. If any of you has been down to the factory like (terminal velocity. ) You will understand what he said about them taking the time to show you around, and even let you roam around the shop freely, and answer any questions that you may have. You will also understand the cigar. The entire Nunez family are very helpfull with any info you may need. Thanks for the complements guys , as I put alot of myself into this boat over the 2 years I spent re-doing this boat.

DUDE,

That tribute is frikken AWESOME!!!!

I should buy your boat just for that, and I would, if my $$$$ wasnt all wrapped up in a land deal i am doing right now.

Pepe is "THE MAN", and his entire family are awesome, the shop is great, although this is not their original shop, it is an original performance boat shop from "The Day", and the history you feel just walking in their is amazing.

As far as the cigar, anyone who wants to understand this needs to go sit at Pepe's desk, take in the aroma of years of cigar resin on the walls, and furniture, and ask him about the rather large photo of him in a twin outboard 24 coming under the george washington bridge in the late 70', or early 80's, and the world record that goes with it.:D

Rick

rchevelle71
02-17-2006, 10:14 PM
not to steal the thread, just to show you all that there are more of these "survivors, and to show you the quality Pepe put into these thing, here is a pic of my 24 before I started the restoration.

And mine is NOT FOR SALE!!!!

Bad Company is a 1982 sport outboard, and the orange one behind it is a 1979 sport big block, both ex race boats.

Terminal Velocity
02-18-2006, 07:53 AM
AH, you bought that boat. I looked at it about a month or so before you bought it. HAve you fixed the imperfections, should we say? Boat was a great starting point for a nice fixer upper. I called Joe on that one, and as usual he knew exactly what was going on with that one. Good luck with it!

rchevelle71
02-19-2006, 05:44 PM
AH, you bought that boat. I looked at it about a month or so before you bought it. HAve you fixed the imperfections, should we say? Boat was a great starting point for a nice fixer upper. I called Joe on that one, and as usual he knew exactly what was going on with that one. Good luck with it!

I bought it in Miami from Angel, Angel bought it from Dave in CT, who is Joe??

I am working on the "Imperfections" as we speak.

littledcsrodshop
02-20-2006, 04:35 PM
not to steal the thread, just to show you all that there are more of these "survivors, and to show you the quality Pepe put into these thing, here is a pic of my 24 before I started the restoration.

And mine is NOT FOR SALE!!!!

Bad Company is a 1982 sport outboard, and the orange one behind it is a 1979 sport big block, both ex race boats.

Which boat are you working on the outboard or the I/O ? Are they both yours ? Ifso got to love a guy that has not 1 but 2 Panteras.:D I recently sold my 28 , so I am down to just 1 now.

rchevelle71
02-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Which boat are you working on the outboard or the I/O ? Are they both yours ? Ifso got to love a guy that has not 1 but 2 Panteras.:D I recently sold my 28 , so I am down to just 1 now.

the 24 outboard is mine, that pic was taken in CT at the previous owners house, both boats are back in FL now.

which 28 did you have?

littledcsrodshop
02-21-2006, 08:16 AM
I had an 81 28' single with a 511 cu" BBC with twin turbochargers on it.
I sold it without power so I still have the motor & twin turbo set-up. It was one of the first single 28's built.

rchevelle71
02-21-2006, 03:02 PM
I had an 81 28' single with a 511 cu" BBC with twin turbochargers on it.
I sold it without power so I still have the motor & twin turbo set-up. It was one of the first single 28's built.

Sweet, must have run nice, I know the big power 28's run better than the twins, we had a 1999 28 with twin 502 MPI's, and it ran 78, but was a little azz heavy, had to drag tabs in the rough.

littledcsrodshop
02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I agree the 28 singles are a little better balanced, and to me a little more maintnance friendly especially if you are running big power. Especially if you are not only the financee but also the maintnance man. :eek: However those twins look really nice sitting in the water . Later, Scott

87 ad
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
I know this is an outboard site, but this is a great boat. I have seen this on oso and now here, I can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Good luck with the sale you can run with the big boys for 22k now thats how to go boating. My bother runs a 24 pantera with a whipple charged big block, hands down one of the toughest boats out there. Just my 2 cents

littledcsrodshop
03-18-2006, 08:58 AM
I sold the boat last week !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the complements guys!

rchevelle71
03-18-2006, 10:01 PM
I sold the boat last week !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the complements guys!

Cool,

someone got a good ride for the summer:D

littledcsrodshop
03-20-2006, 07:57 AM